Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 300h owner

I've only gone and done it! After years of umming and ahhing I've finally bought (subject to test drive) a replacement for my amazing is250.  3 year old Premier in Mesa Red with sandstone leather interior.  The car is 137 miles away so I needed to be sure I wasn't going to have a wasted journey, I asked the company for a detailed video and we did the negotiations over the phone.  Looking forward to picking it up on Thursday and then picking your collective brains as I need to know more.

Regards to all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ask what the road tax will be for the IS you may have a shock,

if before any discounts the car's value exceeded £40k after the

1st April 2017 you will be given the pleasure of paying an

extra £320 per year on top of the road tax for your car (£140)

if you pay 6 monthly then your road tax will be circa £488 per annum,

you will pay this upto and including the 6th years road tax renewal

then from the 7th year you wont be liable for the £320 just the cars road tax of £140.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 200h said:

ask what the road tax will be for the IS you may have a shock,

if before any discounts the car's value exceeded £40k after the

1st April 2017 you will be given the pleasure of paying an

extra £320 per year on top of the road tax for your car (£140)

if you pay 6 monthly then your road tax will be circa £488 per annum,

you will pay this upto and including the 6th years road tax renewal

then from the 7th year you wont be liable for the £320 just the cars road tax of £140.

Good advice, I did the check a few weeks ago and mine falls into the £140 category.  Interesting to see that some sellers still advertise their cars at the £20 tax rate when it changed years ago.  As a matter of interest, which levels of IS 300h fall into the higher bracket? Takumi? Ones with every extra?

1 hour ago, Brechin Slate said:

Good advice, I did the check a few weeks ago and mine falls into the £140 category.  Interesting to see that some sellers still advertise their cars at the £20 tax rate when it changed years ago.  As a matter of interest, which levels of IS 300h fall into the higher bracket? Takumi? Ones with every extra?

My lowly Exec spec is only £10 pa.  Looking at list price I think it was only the Takumi that slipped into the higher band

• Like 1

i had a 17 plate F Sport IS300h and that had been awarded the extra £320 per annum

all the 17 plate and newer cars fall into the £140 tax bracket i believe my F Sport

was £42000 when new i would of thought the premier would be in the same bracket.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

I've only gone and done it! After years of umming and ahhing I've finally bought (subject to test drive) a replacement for my amazing is250.  3 year old Premier in Mesa Red with sandstone leather interior.  The car is 137 miles away so I needed to be sure I wasn't going to have a wasted journey, I asked the company for a detailed video and we did the negotiations over the phone.  Looking forward to picking it up on Thursday and then picking your collective brains as I need to know more.

Regards to all

Stunning car! Look forward to hearing all about it once you have it.

• Like 1

Car looks great.

I'm a very happy IS300H owner myself and if I were in the market for a replacement, I'd definitely also consider the GS model. The Audi dealer you are buying from have 2 in stock: Executive and Premier models; a little cheaper than "your" IS and a little dearer, respectively.

Having said that, the IS300H you are interested in looks stunning - Messa red and beige interior; my favorite combination.👍

• Like 2

Took a look at the 2 GS models, very nice and certainly tempting but having found the car that ticked all the boxes on my wish list I'm not going to be swayed.  If they were in the same branch of the dealership then I'd take a look but the Premier spec one is 276 miles further north! Shame, I would have liked a test drive 😀

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 11:54 AM, Brechin Slate said:

😀Possibly the same ones fitted to the BMTroubleyou.  Maybe they work off the old Lucas 3 position light switch - Dim, Flicker and Off

Excellent Mike. I thought that Dim, Flicker and Off were the Romanian half back line in the 1962 World Cup !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Excellent Mike. I thought that Dim, Flicker and Off were the Romanian half back line in the 1962 World Cup !

I thought they were three other people I know, but with hindsight John I think you're right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikejt said:

Mike you may well have bought the car now but check this out https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

Hi Mike, yep, I took a look before I completed the negotiations.  For a few minutes I was very disappointed but then realised that if I wanted the particular spec I was after then there was nowhere to go except my wife's piggy bank.  Although the extra £300 a year for the next 2 years is a sting, I did get what I wanted, I think economists call it the opportunity cost.  The flowers and chocolates as a peace offering are going to cost me a lot more than that in the long run! 😬

Bugger! It's the gift that goes on giving.  Picked the car up today, just got home after the 140 mile drive, I think I might be smiling for a few days yet.  Averaged 52.5 mpg.  Drove there in my 2007 is250 and averaged 34.2.  I can see where the chocolate money is going to come from!

• Like 1

When we changed from an IS250 to an IS300h we had a similar change in fuel usage. We used to get about 32.5mpg on the IS250 and about 47mpg with the IS300h in similar conditions.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikejt said:

52.5 mpg, that's good, what speed do you drive to achieve that?

I drove in Eco mode, combination of dual carriageways, a short motorway section, major A roads and local roads with fairly heavy traffic.  Didn't go above 80, cruised at 70 with ACC on. A few hilly sections stuck behind a lorry where I was down to 30.  I couldn't floor it as my wife was following me, no satnav in the is250. I'll have a few drives in Normal and Sport and see how it compares although I guess most members already know their numbers.

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Only by omitting a few simple equations Paul!

Exactly mate! When practising man maths it is especially important to leave out all data and equations that don’t support the desired result, enabling one to only focus on those that do 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Exactly mate! When practising man maths it is especially important to leave out all data and equations that don’t support the desired result, enabling one to only focus on those that do 😂

You don`t draft Government Reports do you ?