Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash cam

Hi guys

I am looking to get a dash cam for my RCF if anyone already install please do give feedback so I can go ahead with a system?

I think Lexus dealerships also have a dash cam option and love to know if anyone went for their system?

Ive never been a fan of dashcams but when i bought my ISF i realised afterwards that it had a Lexus fit one installed, it really is discrete! Lexus seem to use the Nextbase range of dashcams, i think looking through invoices mine was supplied and installed for around £300 at Lexus.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scott-o said:

Ive never been a fan of dashcams but when i bought my ISF i realised afterwards that it had a Lexus fit one installed, it really is discrete! Lexus seem to use the Nextbase range of dashcams, i think looking through invoices mine was supplied and installed for around £300 at Lexus.

Me too I never been a fun either but with my current car I need it as it draws a bit too much attention. It’s nice to know you noticed you have one after a while 🙂 as it showed it’s very invisible/small, do you use it or checked it yet? Just wanted to know if it really works well.

2 hours ago, Hatat said:

Me too I never been a fun either but with my current car I need it as it draws a bit too much attention. It’s nice to know you noticed you have one after a while 🙂 as it showed it’s very invisible/small, do you use it or checked it yet? Just wanted to know if it really works well.

I've checked it a few times now, just a simple app on your phone which you connect to and then can view the videos. It seems to save them in 60 second videos. First time i checked it was after i had a run down a dual carriageway against my mate in his Modified bmw M2, i then looked for the settings straight away in the hope you can take the speed off the video, i was glad to see you can 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scott-o said:

I've checked it a few times now, just a simple app on your phone which you connect to and then can view the videos. It seems to save them in 60 second videos. First time i checked it was after i had a run down a dual carriageway against my mate in his Modified bmw M2, i then looked for the settings straight away in the hope you can take the speed off the video, i was glad to see you can 😂

Great stuff mate 😂 any chance of posting a few pics to show where they put the dash cam and how neat is the wiring? 
is it just front or back too?

hearing from you really tempted me to go with Lexus one :) 

3 hours ago, Hatat said:

Great stuff mate 😂 any chance of posting a few pics to show where they put the dash cam and how neat is the wiring? 
is it just front or back too?

hearing from you really tempted me to go with Lexus one 🙂

Only on the front in mine, ill get you some pics tomorrow when its light and you can see it better.

• Like 1

Front facing Garmin 55W, I have pushed the cable up inside where head lining meets windscreen, down the front pillar, under my drivers side dash, unclipped the trim panel on the centre console drivers side and fed the cable behind and then ran it into the centre storage 12V. All neat and hidden. Dash cam is pretty good too, was on offer when I got it so was decent vlaue for money and I've had a lot of garmin products over the years and never had issue. Not the greatest picture, but it is all I had to hand, but you can just see the little copper ring on the drivers side up by rear view mirror 🙂

62013395_405501560308023_5531396138389990746_n.thumb.jpg.941d6309d9069222c8d71aa1319e1049.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

Front facing Garmin 55W, I have pushed the cable up inside where head lining meets windscreen, down the front pillar, under my drivers side dash, unclipped the trim panel on the centre console drivers side and fed the cable behind and then ran it into the centre storage 12V. All neat and hidden. Dash cam is pretty good too, was on offer when I got it so was decent vlaue for money and I've had a lot of garmin products over the years and never had issue. Not the greatest picture, but it is all I had to hand, but you can just see the little copper ring on the drivers side up by rear view mirror 🙂

62013395_405501560308023_5531396138389990746_n.thumb.jpg.941d6309d9069222c8d71aa1319e1049.jpg

Thanks mate for sharing it however I couldn’t spot it from the pic 😃 cheers!

• Haha 1

My old IS250 had a next base dash cam. 

Took my car in for the airbag recall and upon receipt all the cables had been made invisible FOC and tidied up 🤷

Will probably just stick one up in the GSF and wait to see if they do the same when it goes in for a service 😂

• Like 1

I have the front Lexus Nextbase cam fitted to our GSF. The rear camera could not be fitted due to the rear blind being in the way. No issues with it at all. 

E01BE736-A858-4358-BFED-E2F641DD790F.jpeg

B0CF711E-415A-479F-92AA-68CE12DDD6EA.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F.A. said:

I have the front Lexus Nextbase cam fitted to our GSF. The rear camera could not be fitted due to the rear blind being in the way. No issues with it at all. 

E01BE736-A858-4358-BFED-E2F641DD790F.jpeg

B0CF711E-415A-479F-92AA-68CE12DDD6EA.jpeg

Thanks mate, does it set well or you think Lexus one sets a little big and annoys you while driving?

44 minutes ago, Hatat said:

Thanks mate, does it set well or you think Lexus one sets a little big and annoys you while driving?

Apart from it making a noise when the car is started, you don’t notice it from the drivers seat. 

4 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Apart from it making a noise when the car is started, you don’t notice it from the drivers seat. 

Do you recommend Lexus one or it’s a pass?

20 hours ago, Hatat said:

Thanks mate appreciate it 🙂

Excuse the air freshener 😂

50668290591_524cdcf1b1_c.jpgIMG_20201201_112742 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

50668290541_d3a98f6e47_c.jpgIMG_20201201_112720 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

50668362777_61aa50e603_c.jpgIMG_20201201_112725 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

As others have said, you cant see it at all from the drivers seat. I didnt know i had one for a good few days after buying the car, thought the chime on start-up was something to do with it being a Japanese car haha

4 minutes ago, scott-o said:

Excuse the air freshener 😂

50668290591_524cdcf1b1_c.jpgIMG_20201201_112742 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

50668290541_d3a98f6e47_c.jpgIMG_20201201_112720 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

50668362777_61aa50e603_c.jpgIMG_20201201_112725 by Scott Osborne, on Flickr

As others have said, you cant see it at all from the drivers seat. I didnt know i had one for a good few days after buying the car, thought the chime on start-up was something to do with it being a Japanese car haha

😂 thanks mate appreciate it, yes we can barely see it I will call Twickenham dealership today to order it, cheers!