Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of buying a VW/Audi electric car?

Spacewagon52

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I was going to do all of that for him,but no response after 7 days, so not much I can do, sadly.

On Google this morning. I haven`t seen it myself yet !

https://insideevs.com/news/486866/vw-id3-owner-hates-seven-things/

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

On Google this morning. I haven`t seen it myself yet !

https://insideevs.com/news/486866/vw-id3-owner-hates-seven-things/

Well,I`ve seen that now. It seems to explain the problems that Talapraise ?, the O.P.has been happening.

VW should never have released that model until the software matters had been addressed.

A refreshing video from a man who does not pull any punches.

Interesting thing is that he said VW informed him the car was not fully developed and the final software would be available in some 3 months time BEFORE buying it. He also got 3 months free driving. Now that seems fair to me? 

Your choice if you want the purchase or not. That raises the question about how the process went in the UK.

Have potential owners been forewarned? was a 3 month free lease offered? Or was it a matter of dont mention the car ( sorry) and pretend all is fine. If that is the case it gets more interesting as the manufacturer clearly knew about the shortcomings and in other countries was open and honest about it. Seems like a shot for open goal for any lawyer here.

Talaiprwos?  Any updates?

1 minute ago, dutchie01 said:

Interesting thing is that he said VW informed him the car was not fully developed and the final software would be available in some 3 months time BEFORE buying it. He also got 3 months free driving. Now that seems fair to me? 

Your choice if you want the purchase or not. That raises the question about how the process went in the UK.

Have potential owners been forewarned? was a 3 month free lease offered? Or was it a matter of dont mention the car ( sorry) and pretend all is fine. If that is the case it gets more interesting as the manufacturer clearly knew about the shortcomings and in other countries was open and honest about it. Seems like a shot for open goal for any lawyer here.

Talaiprwos?  Any updates?

Bernard, I suspected that we were in the dark about the specifics of the agreement with Talaiprwos. Some of my posts refer.

As you may have noticed I sent him a PM one week ago and to which he has not responded.

I wonder if he has looked at the video I posted today ?

If I recall correctly he did refer in one of his first posts, that the dealer had made him a very good offer.

Anyway, one can only take the horse to water........

• Like 1

https://www.greenpeace.de/sites/www.greenpeace.de/files/publications/s03461_studie_vw_eigenzulassung_v3.pdf

And here we have the smoking gun, the reason why the VAG group has been pushing underdeveloped EVcars into the market. ID3 and Audi Etron with the now well documented software issues.

The link is a Greenpeace study ( in german, sorry) about the push to the 95 grams limit. Over the limit means big fine. VAG succeeded in getting down to 95.5 grams average ( all sold cars from the group together) which is a fine of 100 million euro. However. Greenpeace is now saying that 16750 cars have been " technically  " sold to leasingcompanies owned by VAG, employees that can sell on after 1 year and especially dealers that had to register the car so it is technically sold. These 16750 cars did bring the Co2 limit down by 0.5 grams saving a 140 million Euro fine. So, this is the accounting side of things but without pushing the EV into the market, letting customers buy it and then worry about the rest later the Co2 fine would be massively higher. In other words, every ID3 or 4 or Etron sold before 31/12 has saved the company some 10k per car in fines.

So here you have it, they sell you a car get the money and then also save 10k without anyone knowing. How's that for morale.  Dieselgate anyone? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

https://www.greenpeace.de/sites/www.greenpeace.de/files/publications/s03461_studie_vw_eigenzulassung_v3.pdf

And here we have the smoking gun, the reason why the VAG group has been pushing underdeveloped EVcars into the market. ID3 and Audi Etron with the now well documented software issues.

The link is a Greenpeace study ( in german, sorry) about the push to the 95 grams limit. Over the limit means big fine. VAG succeeded in getting down to 95.5 grams average ( all sold cars from the group together) which is a fine of 100 million euro. However. Greenpeace is now saying that 16750 cars have been " technically  " sold to leasingcompanies owned by VAG, employees that can sell on after 1 year and especially dealers that had to register the car so it is technically sold. These 16750 cars did bring the Co2 limit down by 0.5 grams saving a 140 million Euro fine. So, this is the accounting side of things but without pushing the EV into the market, letting customers buy it and then worry about the rest later the Co2 fine would be massively higher. In other words, every ID3 or 4 or Etron sold before 31/12 has saved the company some 10k per car in fines.

So here you have it, they sell you a car get the money and then also save 10k without anyone knowing. How's that for morale.  Dieselgate anyone? 

Very interesting!

Has anyone seen anything about this in the motoring press?

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I did 3 months ago and said so

Yes, the Honest John one. 

I looked that up. Only a very small mention about software not working properly for the infotainment system - claiming an over-the-air fix will solve it! They have kept the major problems quiet?

Will check other motoring sites and report back!

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Going back to Audi for a moment, haven't they made a slight mistake....?
image.thumb.png.fb829dcd783af0a04d8c0a39010b022c.png
At least we now know that it IS possible to polish one...

At least its an electronic turd!  The name E-Tron is gold in my opinion albe it with a questionable history. Most of us will know the experimental hollywoodmovie with that name but what does moneytron tell you? great reading if you have some time. A company owned by a Belgian guy that made millions, owned 108 ferraris had an F1 team ( onyx) and of course ended up in jail!

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

At least its an electronic turd!  The name E-Tron is gold in my opinion albe it with a questionable history. Most of us will know the experimental hollywoodmovie with that name but what does moneytron tell you? great reading if you have some time. A company owned by a Belgian guy that made millions, owned 108 ferraris had an F1 team ( onyx) and of course ended up in jail!

Ah yes - I remember Onyx. Here's the guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Van_Rossem

On 11/30/2020 at 8:25 PM, talaipwros said:

VW ID.3 is a lovely car...when it works

Day 2, back to the garage for a number of fault lights. Hope that all it needs is a software upgrade.

No obvious structural problems, is nice and quiet, smooth, good gadgets etc, very low price after discounts etc BUT, after 110 miles, straight to the garage

oh well

Every time I see your name I keep reading it as Tailpipe woes 😉

On 4/25/2021 at 2:09 PM, royoftherovers said:

He gave the car back and had his monies returned Phil. Probably not see him Post again.

I am here!

so yes, I finally got the money back. The seller then added 1000 miles ( probably trying to fix it) and then sold it used  for the same price I bought it new. Will never know if problems are now sorted but have no intention of trying to find out ...

Thanks to everyone that discussed the whole thing in the topic and especially royoftherovers who kindly pm'ed me offering his help

• Like 3

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

I am here!

so yes, I finally got the money back. The seller then added 1000 miles ( probably trying to fix it) and then sold it used  for the same price I bought it new. Will never know if problems are now sorted but have no intention of trying to find out ...

Thanks to everyone that discussed the whole thing in the topic and especially royoftherovers who kindly pm'ed me offering his help

So pleased for you Vas. A long slog but you came through it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Vasileios out of curiosity, what did you replace it with? another EV?

nothing, it was my 3rd car, the plan was to replace with it  my wife's - quite good really - BMW 225xe Phev ( which I have now kept)

so still looking for something nice.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/may/01/vw-audi-and-skoda-owners-angry-over-fault-in-sos-warning-system

press is catching up with VAG reliability issues

Flora Ellison says she has been told by the dealer that it has ‘no idea’ how to fix the problem with her new Skoda.

looks as if all the VAG team sings from the same hymn sheet

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-asc&postcode=m12hy&radius=1500&make=PORSCHE&model=TAYCAN&include-delivery-option=on

There are 107 Porshce Taycan for sale on Autotrader.

Looks like a lot, wondering if they have the same VAG issues that the rest of the group suffers from

23 hours ago, talaipwros said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-asc&postcode=m12hy&radius=1500&make=PORSCHE&model=TAYCAN&include-delivery-option=on

There are 107 Porshce Taycan for sale on Autotrader.

Looks like a lot, wondering if they have the same VAG issues that the rest of the group suffers from

Possibly more to do with the high price of a Taycan I would think?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links