Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of buying a VW/Audi electric car?

Spacewagon52

21 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

You got a/several discount(s) Vas on a brand new VW ID 3 electric car ?

The ID3 was scheduled for launch in the spring. VW discovered software issues and could not release the cars and canceled the official launch. In the meantime production continued resulting in thousands and thousands of cars quarantained and stored on German fields. Pics of this showed up in the German press. All parked vehicles received softwareupdates done by laptop. After this the green light was given and dealers are now trying to push through the backlog cars into the market. Therefore the discount. 

VAG group is rushing the introduction of EV vehicles especially as the ID3 is a volume model that will push the overall Co2 figure down. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, talaipwros said:

well, was - and now still - thinking about the 300e. Range though is too short but yes, It would definitely work if it was a Lexus ( have some very positve experience from BMW as well suprisingly, i3 range though is again too short and the car too small and iX3 is made in China so not so keen about it)

The I3 has been on the market for 8 years so that will be a safe bet...

A friend of mine of modest wage, lives in a semi detached house in Birkenhead, Wirral bought an  etron about a month ago and raved about it on her Facebook profile. I thought to myself, you just spent 61k on a car or most likely got it on a PCP for a lot of money per month and you are blagging about it.

Talk about living beyond your beyond your means. Some people will do anything for the badge

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pork_pie said:

A friend of mine of modest wage, lives in a semi detached house in Birkenhead, Wirral bought an  etron about a month ago and raved about it on her Facebook profile. I thought to myself, you just spent 61k on a car or most likely got it on a PCP for a lot of money per month and you are blagging about it.

Talk about living beyond your beyond your means. Some people will do anything for the badge

Won`t it be nicked smartish living in that neck of the woods ?

So, quick update. 

Software upgrade 2.0 released and should be installed...next week.

If everything though goes as expected,  then the car should be fine. It looks like almost every ID.3 needs it and as my car is already at the garage will be one of the first to get it.

There will be a 2.1 upgrade in February and any further upgrades will be on air

I hope this will be the end of it

47 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

So, quick update. 

Software upgrade 2.0 released and should be installed...next week.

If everything though goes as expected,  then the car should be fine. It looks like almost every ID.3 needs it and as my car is already at the garage will be one of the first to get it.

There will be a 2.1 upgrade in February and any further upgrades will be on air

I hope this will be the end of it

Might be 2021 before you see that again Vas?

Four sprung duck technique so to speak..

On 12/10/2020 at 7:56 PM, royoftherovers said:

You know what people say about VW`s and promises, my friend !

I shall await the update keenly.

Shock horror

airbag alert on, checked the software, it is still the same version, no update.

Called him and returning it back to the garage to see what is going on

8 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Shock horror

airbag alert on, checked the software, it is still the same version, no update.

Called him and returning it back to the garage to see what is going on

IN HL TODAY, Vas

image.gif.2675bb33cb7bb83ab75dbed93a1e2637.gif

Are you aware of major problems with the new VW Golf Mk8? We have a six-week-old car that has had to be taken off the road at VW UK’s insistence after software for Driver Assist, SOS and sat-nav all failed. Before being safe to drive it apparently needs a new steering wheel, which we await. The dealer’s demo car has similar issues. It seems this model had major software problems from the start, leading to delayed launch and recall in Germany. But our car was built in February and we wonder if models shipped to the UK did not receive the necessary updates and modifications. Any information? IF

I have received three reports so far, and I’m hearing that there are similar problems with the tech in VW’s new ID.3 electric car.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

thanks Roy, they said that " for some reason car reverted to its previous software, they will do it again on Monday"

other than that by the way, the car is really nice, especially for the money, but...

....quite.It looks like a major problem for VW to deal with all European cars sold so far.

I have always been told by the generation above me ( wise old men) to not buy a brandnew model and wait at least a year for the child deseases to disappear.

This was in the analogue mechanical area.  Appears it is still the case and maybe even more so. VW will get it right eventually i have no doubts about that but buying an ID3 or4 does not seem to be the best idea now...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, talaipwros said:

thanks Roy, they said that " for some reason car reverted to its previous software, they will do it again on Monday"

That's brilliant. I work in IT. Can I steal that excuse for fobbing off users in future please? Please!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mincey said:

That's brilliant. I work in IT. Can I steal that excuse for fobbing off users in future please? Please!

yeah, well, I thought about that as well but I would gain nothing by getting  aggressive.

Hopefully they now know that I know so they will fix it

20 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

I have always been told by the generation above me ( wise old men) to not buy a brandnew model and wait at least a year for the child deseases to disappear.

This was in the analogue mechanical area.  Appears it is still the case and maybe even more so. VW will get it right eventually i have no doubts about that but buying an ID3 or4 does not seem to be the best idea now...

fair point, ( doesn't apply to Lexus by the way, got one of the first GS250's in 2012, was impeccable)

Thing is that the deal was great, was probably related to the known software problems and in a few weeks price will go up at least 10% because of Brexit so I thought I should give it a try.

If the software problems get sorted, I can say that this is a good purchase for the price

18 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

yeah, well, I thought about that as well but I would gain nothing by getting  aggressive.

Hopefully they now know that I know so they will fix it

They should be offering you some form of compensation as they have not delivered on what they promised.

For those of you with some time to spare. Interesting article about Tesla.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcollins/2020/12/01/tesla-sales-have-fallen-off-a-cliff-in-europes-greenest-car-markets-in-2020/?sh=4468d1a28724

And some on the ID3 software issues.

https://insideevs.com/news/451790/vw-id3-multiple-bugs-mind-the-explanation/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links