Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of buying a VW/Audi electric car?

Spacewagon52

11 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Been 2 years in UK for a long long time which has been topped up by the Dealerships to 3 years.

Not a lot of people knew that.

I certainly didn't - every day's a school day here at the LOC :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooooo

almost 6 weeks down the line, I got the cehicle back. ( They even gave me a bottle of champagne for all the trouble)

Software upgrade works, Android phone works, drives nicely

Twenty miles later

"Engine fault, do not drive the vehicle!"...and the relevant red warning light

Oh well

24 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Sooooooo

almost 6 weeks down the line, I got the cehicle back. ( They even gave me a bottle of champagne for all the trouble)

Software upgrade works, Android phone works, drives nicely

Twenty miles later

"Engine fault, do not drive the vehicle!"...and the relevant red warning light

Oh well

Sorry to read that Vas. Seems like the snivelling, crooked b****** are still at it.

Reject the vehicle and stop giving me sleepless nights wondering about your well-being.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Sorry to read that Vas. Seems like the snivelling, crooked b****** are still at it.

Reject the vehicle and stop giving me sleepless nights wondering about your well-being.

I have rejected it, the local garage and the seller seem to be OK guys, it's the car that is a lemon.

I am now waiting for VW customer services to do the trick and give me my money back .

14 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I have rejected it, the local garage and the seller seem to be OK guys, it's the car that is a lemon.

I am now waiting for VW customer services to do the trick and give me my money back .

The Press I read, tell me it`s VW that`s more likely the Lemon.

I`ll be astonished if you get ALL of your money back Vas. Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Vasileios, might be an idea to get legal advice and ask a lawyer to send a very strong letter to VW.

They did not stick to their part of the agreement in supplying you a car that is fully in accordance to what you purchased and that could be reason to cancel the purchase?

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Vasileios, might be an idea to get legal advice and ask a lawyer to send a very strong letter to VW.

They did not stick to their part of the agreement in supplying you a car that is fully in accordance to what you purchased and that could be reason to cancel the purchase?

Good luck and keep us posted!

Remember in his first post ( I think) Vas remarked on how good the deal was from VW ?

I would be surprised if there was not a clause in the Purchase/sale document referring to the fact that "this is a pre-production vehicle and as such will not necessarily perform in the manner consistent with that expected of a production vehicle "

We shall see.

So , I tried to move it slightly and put my other PHEV where the charger is

Nothing, nada, zilch, Not even the doors open. So it is obvious that the software upgrade ( that did happen indeed) did not solve the 12v Battery problem

Called them again today, the sales person is off today, will call again tomorrow

21 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

So , I tried to move it slightly and put my other PHEV where the charger is

Nothing, nada, zilch, Not even the doors open. So it is obvious that the software upgrade ( that did happen indeed) did not solve the 12v battery problem

Called them again today, the sales person is off today, will call again tomorrow

Vas, you told us on 6 Jan that you had rejected the VW, so why do you still have it?

Have you entered all of these Posts on a VW Forum ?

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Vas, you told us on 6 Jan that you had rejected the VW, so why do you still have it?

Have you entered all of these Posts on a VW Forum ?

I still have it because I am waiting for the paperwork 

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

So, you have not rejected it.

And the answer to my second question please is ?

Hi John

I am confused now. I have sent them an email saying that I have rejected the vehicle as faulty and I want my money back. They said yes , that is OK, we are completing the paperwork and we will come and collect. When we  said that, the vehicle was still in the garage shop.

I started discussing this in the EV forum with ID3 members, the problem is so common that nobody got impressed!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Hi John

I am confused now. I have sent them an email saying that I have rejected the vehicle as faulty and I want my money back. They said yes , that is OK, we are completing the paperwork and we will come and collect. When we  said that, the vehicle was still in the garage shop.

I started discussing this in the EV forum with ID3 members, the problem is so common that nobody got impressed!

Sorry Vas, I didn`t intend to confuse you.

I now understand that they have confirmed to you in writing that you have rejected the vehicle and will collect it from you when they are able. I`m sure that you will be glad to see the back of it.

I have joined the VW ID3 Forum and can understand why you have not been acknowledged. As you say similar problem abound. Thankfully you still have your Lexus.

VW does seem to try really hard to displease its customers.

Good luck and please do tell us all when the problem vehicle has left your occupancy.

• Like 3

from an ID3 subforum

Ha, just had a call about them getting another ID.3 to me to drive while they wait for parts and none of the ones they have available don't have airbag errors which means they can't use them until they've been updated.

Due a call from VW head office apparently, might get a press car?

VW played a really bad trick to us all ( and to its local car salespeople i dare say)

They forced them to sell/preregister faulty products ( probably to get their emmisions targets right) and now most buyers have problems

12 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

from an ID3 subforum

VW played a really bad trick to us all ( and to its local car salespeople i dare say)

They forced them to sell/preregister faulty products ( probably to get their emmisions targets right) and now most buyers have problems

It is really a sad World Vas. And VW Dealers in general, do not receive accolades from the Public....but Skoda Dealers do !!

so AA just took it back.

Surprisingly, after a few efforts the doors opened and the car was driving normally.

Still, was loaded on the AA vehicle and off it goes, hopefully never to be seen again ( returned keys, manual, a box - but without some socks that were in cause I used them - and V50)

...now for my money...

• Like 3

...okaaaay

got a phone call from the seller's service.

Pleasant lady, was asking me what went wrong with the car cause they can not find anything wrong...

Still waiting for my money, asked the seller to call me back as he was busy earlier in the morning.

I have a bad feeling about this

8 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

...okaaaay

got a phone call from the seller's service.

Pleasant lady, was asking me what went wrong with the car cause they can not find anything wrong...

Still waiting for my money, asked the seller to call me back as he was busy earlier in the morning.

I have a bad feeling about this

Write to Honestjohn.co.uk via his website and tell him the whole story Vas.

You could probably cut and paste most of it from the Thread !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so, quick update

the salesperson that was dealing with the case got furloughed for a while. He has just returned and is  catching up with emails

Now his manager has changed jobs, not working for VW any more. He has a new manager.

That means that  things have to start all over again cause it was the previous manager that accepted the rejection and set things in motion.

So internally  they have to start all over again

The car is still at their shop, I am paying the PCP - and have paid the highest deposit allowed - and insurance etc for a car I do not even have the keys of

thanks VW

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, talaipwros said:

so, quick update

the salesperson that was dealing with the case got furloughed for a while. He has just returned and is  catching up with emails

Now his manager has changed jobs, not working for VW any more. He has a new manager.

That means that  things have to start all over again cause it was the previous manager that accepted the rejection and set things in motion.

So internally  they have to start all over again

The car is still at their shop, I am paying the PCP - and have paid the highest deposit allowed - and insurance etc for a car I do not even have the keys of

thanks VW

Just sent you a P.M. Vas.

Vas, my advice would be to get a lawyer. I do not expect them to take this too serious until a legal warning lands on their doormat. It might cost you a couple of hundred but it could solve the matter overnight.

• Like 1

Yep. Get a lawyer. Paying finance on a car you don’t have and can’t use is much more expensive than paying for a lawyer to draft a letter or two. It sounds to me like there is no agreement that it has been rejected not to mention what that means in terms of the deposit and monthly finance you have already paid.

35 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Yep. Get a lawyer. Paying finance on a car you don’t have and can’t use is much more expensive than paying for a lawyer to draft a letter or two. It sounds to me like there is no agreement that it has been rejected not to mention what that means in terms of the deposit and monthly finance you have already paid.

I was going to do all of that for him,but no response after 7 days, so not much I can do, sadly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links