Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thoughts on H&S Exhaust ISF

Hey guys.

As per my profile, I was the owner of a 2008 Lexus ISF back in 2017 before moving over to a C63 AMG, E46 M3, Golf R and then an M140i, none of them felt special as my IS-F and therefore I went full circle and have bought another IS-F in USB, 2010 model, which I am over the moon with.

The only thing I really want to change is the noise, I had a Borla on my 08 ISF and it was just very droney and the sound was not aggresive enough for me, I prefered the snaps and roar of the C63. I am really considering the Hayward and Scott as per the noise clips I have heard, it seems to really replicate that C63 type of noise while the drone not being awful. Can anyone shed some light on this, has anyone got any experince with the Hayward and Scott as another big question is to go with XPipe or not.

Thanks and glad to be back

123240039_10224338460233043_50399214888703537_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=ocAgqH81yVgAX_ZyRbi&_nc_ht=scontent.fjer1-1.fna&oh=4764909d086e19aad18ac279cec3cbe9&oe=5FEB641B

🙂

• Like 2

Congrats mate and welcome back.

I was in touch with Ian from H&S for a silencer for my RCF, I did checked the vids on YouTube and love that C63 type noise so I asked him and was told only for ISF with xpipe we can have that aggressive noise and don’t have such system for an RCF 😞 so I went for Quicksilver.

31 minutes ago, Hatat said:

Congrats mate and welcome back.

I was in touch with Ian from H&S for a silencer for my RCF, I did checked the vids on YouTube and love that C63 type noise so I asked him and was told only for ISF with xpipe we can have that aggressive noise and don’t have such system for an RCF 😞 so I went for Quicksilver.

Thanks bud, so happy to be back!

Yeah, I am pretty 99% sure that I will be going for a H&S but now the dilemma is with or without the xpipe!

44 minutes ago, Paulo Correia said:

Thanks bud, so happy to be back!

Yeah, I am pretty 99% sure that I will be going for a H&S but now the dilemma is with or without the xpipe!

With Xpipe if you want the c63 sound I reckon but hey Contact Ian.

Agree if I had an ISF H&S is the one I would go too period, man that burble of V8 in ISF with H&S system is the one to go with. And it’s life time warranty for the original owner what more you want 😉

I’ve run a non xpipe H&S on my ISF for the past 4 years. Very little drone and a glorious V8 burble when just trundling around day to day. Not intrusive in the car at all but loud enough to be noticed outside. Under hard acceleration though it is a different story. There is very much an AMG style aggressive roar. It is extremely loud in all the right ways.  Combined with the Takeda intake fitted there is very little else on the road that can hold its own against the sound.

Based on previous comments in reviews on this forum over the years (I read plenty before buying) the Xpipe version is a little quieter and less aggressive. 

Hope this helps

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nidge said:

I’ve run a non xpipe H&S on my ISF for the past 4 years. Very little drone and a glorious V8 burble when just trundling around day to day. Not intrusive in the car at all but loud enough to be noticed outside. Under hard acceleration though it is a different story. There is very much an AMG style aggressive roar. It is extremely loud in all the right ways.  Combined with the Takeda intake fitted there is very little else on the road that can hold its own against the sound.

Based on previous comments in reviews on this forum over the years (I read plenty before buying) the Xpipe version is a little quieter and less aggressive. 

Hope this helps

I was told RCF ones are not as aggressive as ISF by H&S but good for you guys 😀

12 hours ago, Nidge said:

Hope this helps

Which X pipe did you use?

I'd be keen in a group buy (if possible). I'll be collecting my ISF soon and an exhaust is my first port of call!

Mines got the standard secondary cat mid section on and none x-pipe rear section. Absolutely love the noise! I think i'd like it a smidge louder in all honesty, removing the secondary cats completely seems like it may be too loud and i note the H&S middle section that removes them has small silencers in place instead. I do intend on getting in touch with H&S to see if i can retro-fit the middle section but only if the small silencers in place of the secondary cats increase the volume a tad!

4 hours ago, RichGS11 said:

Which X pipe did you use?

I'd be keen in a group buy (if possible). I'll be collecting my ISF soon and an exhaust is my first port of call!

Apologies. Ignore me, I just reread your post!!

To reply to scott-o my H&S has the two small silencers in place of the secondary cats. Deepens the tone I believe but not the volume of the full H&S system.  I know H&S used to do a version without these and just the rear silencers giving perhaps a harsher sound. Replacing your “cated” midsection would surely increase volume.

If you do change it keep in with your neighbors as cold morning start ups are an eye opener - literally. 

12 minutes ago, Nidge said:

To reply to scott-o my H&S has the two small silencers in place of the secondary cats. Deepens the tone I believe but not the volume of the full H&S system.  I know H&S used to do a version without these and just the rear silencers giving perhaps a harsher sound. Replacing your “cated” midsection would surely increase volume.

If you do change it keep in with your neighbors as cold morning start ups are an eye opener - literally. 

Thanks and yes cold starts are rather loud as it is with the secondary cats in place 😂 many have commented now and i've apologised, luckily they've quickly said they dont mind as it sounds so good!

As i have commented before, if i had to do it again. Non-xpipe full exhaust.

Its not loud enough. 

barry

ps regarding drone.. drive a s2000 with skunk2 exhaust. That is drone for real

• Haha 2

We are moving in the next year and the cold start noise is probably what worries me most with new neighbours.

Having said that my borla’d boxster is really noisy for the first 20 seconds and no one has ever voiced a negative comment or complaint. 

Has anyone ever had a properly grumpy neighbour with a real beef about noise?

47 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

We are moving in the next year and the cold start noise is probably what worries me most with new neighbours.

Having said that my borla’d boxster is really noisy for the first 20 seconds and no one has ever voiced a negative comment or complaint. 

Has anyone ever had a properly grumpy neighbour with a real beef about noise?

We live in a cul de sac. The boy racer at the top has a Honda with a farty exhaust. He leaves for work at 6.45am and you can set your clock by it. Talking to neighbours there is a massive amount of underlying friction. We have a few retired folk and a couple of cancer sufferers who've been through the mill. Something must have been said as he clearly coasts down the cul de sac in neutral before flooring it around the corner. 

On 12/1/2020 at 8:21 PM, Cactus said:

As i have commented before, if i had to do it again. Non-xpipe full exhaust.

Its not loud enough. 

barry

ps regarding drone.. drive a s2000 with skunk2 exhaust. That is drone for real

x pipe will not make it any louder, it just balances the sound frequency as the firing order is inbalanced between the banks

Hi Paulo I think the group buy only gave £50 off (can’t remember where or even if I read that) so I’m not sure it’s worth the extra complication and organisation.  It’s complicated enough with delivery, fitting and changing insurance. 

I’d just do it 🙂

Me- I’m  definitely doing it just a question of x pipe or not - and when.  We are moving out of London and the wife says she’ll pay for it when we’ve moved,  so I can wait a while longer to save myself a grand and a bit.

Btw We’ve had a bmw 330i for a fortnight, it’s way more fuel efficient and comfy but I love the ISF way more, even before the H&S....

Kieron - if that’s yours I have that wonderful vid in an ISF exhaust playlist that I use to lull myself off to sleep sometimes.  

( very sad I know.)

I was looking for number 1 and 2 but they are no longer available 😞

1 hour ago, Arth_Vader said:

Kieron - if that’s yours I have that wonderful vid in an ISF exhaust playlist that I use to lull myself off to sleep sometimes.  

( very sad I know.)

I was looking for number 1 and 2 but they are no longer available 😞

Ha yeah its mine, i took the other 2 videos off YouTube but here you go... Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Hi, had my H&S cat back on for about 3 months now and I’m still loving it, I leave for work at 5am but it’s only a tad louder  than stock and drops to a burble after about 10 seconds , it’s not a lot louder  at crushing speeds just enough IMO ,it’s only when you pass 3000rpm that it really starts to growl and then really gets going and sings to the red line,I went with the x pipe and have no drone to speak of ,I don’t think it sounds as aggressive as a AMG but it’s a fantastic roar  and even gives a little crackle and burble when down shifting in manual ,the quality of the exhaust is good and fitting  was bang on (hardest bit was removing the old dummy tips)I went for the oval tips with ceramic coating on the tail pipes and am happy I did as they clean up really easily, the tail pipes just bolt on so I’m going to get some carbon effect round ones from eBay to have a change from time to time. Fantastic mod to the f and now sounds like it should.ED440CB2-BB5D-4CD4-8926-F05665F850B9.thumb.jpeg.95fb7128d12469cc853093964fc63acf.jpegF8FC742B-B6A1-473B-A1A9-395E481A3797.thumb.jpeg.70f7b7f2fc5267050eeed00b3bef6123.jpegB84060AA-49CC-4A92-844A-538F096A23CA.thumb.jpeg.ba4e02b83cb47071bd14783bb83ce647.jpegAEF39295-261B-4AF8-88BB-F4BE6AE2001E.thumb.jpeg.d3dca26ac84964ac3837ef8520163037.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Therickster said:

Hi, had my H&S cat back on for about 3 months now and I’m still loving it, I leave for work at 5am but it’s only a tad louder  than stock and drops to a burble after about 10 seconds , it’s not a lot louder  at crushing speeds just enough IMO ,it’s only when you pass 3000rpm that it really starts to growl and then really gets going and sings to the red line,I went with the x pipe and have no drone to speak of ,I don’t think it sounds as aggressive as a AMG but it’s a fantastic roar  and even gives a little crackle and burble when down shifting in manual ,the quality of the exhaust is good and fitting  was bang on (hardest bit was removing the old dummy tips)I went for the oval tips with ceramic coating on the tail pipes and am happy I did as they clean up really easily, the tail pipes just bolt on so I’m going to get some carbon effect round ones from eBay to have a change from time to time. Fantastic mod to the f and now sounds like it should.ED440CB2-BB5D-4CD4-8926-F05665F850B9.thumb.jpeg.95fb7128d12469cc853093964fc63acf.jpegF8FC742B-B6A1-473B-A1A9-395E481A3797.thumb.jpeg.70f7b7f2fc5267050eeed00b3bef6123.jpegB84060AA-49CC-4A92-844A-538F096A23CA.thumb.jpeg.ba4e02b83cb47071bd14783bb83ce647.jpegAEF39295-261B-4AF8-88BB-F4BE6AE2001E.thumb.jpeg.d3dca26ac84964ac3837ef8520163037.jpeg

IMG_1070.MOV 34.2 MB · 3 downloads

How do the ceramic tips look in real life? Are you able to see them before ordering? Just asking as I'd like to see them in person before deciding.