Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thoughts on H&S Exhaust ISF

12 hours ago, Therickster said:

Hi, had my H&S cat back on for about 3 months now and I’m still loving it, I leave for work at 5am but it’s only a tad louder  than stock and drops to a burble after about 10 seconds , it’s not a lot louder  at crushing speeds just enough IMO ,it’s only when you pass 3000rpm that it really starts to growl and then really gets going and sings to the red line,I went with the x pipe and have no drone to speak of ,I don’t think it sounds as aggressive as a AMG but it’s a fantastic roar  and even gives a little crackle and burble when down shifting in manual ,the quality of the exhaust is good and fitting  was bang on (hardest bit was removing the old dummy tips)I went for the oval tips with ceramic coating on the tail pipes and am happy I did as they clean up really easily, the tail pipes just bolt on so I’m going to get some carbon effect round ones from eBay to have a change from time to time. Fantastic mod to the f and now sounds like it should.ED440CB2-BB5D-4CD4-8926-F05665F850B9.thumb.jpeg.95fb7128d12469cc853093964fc63acf.jpegF8FC742B-B6A1-473B-A1A9-395E481A3797.thumb.jpeg.70f7b7f2fc5267050eeed00b3bef6123.jpegB84060AA-49CC-4A92-844A-538F096A23CA.thumb.jpeg.ba4e02b83cb47071bd14783bb83ce647.jpegAEF39295-261B-4AF8-88BB-F4BE6AE2001E.thumb.jpeg.d3dca26ac84964ac3837ef8520163037.jpeg

That sounds quite respectable for the neighbourhood.

Thanks.  Did you fit it yourself or get a garage to do it?

ive got a garage quoting £200 to do the exhaust and front disks/pads that’s I’ve bought.  (God they are heavy)

On 12/12/2020 at 8:59 PM, RichGS11 said:

How do the ceramic tips look in real life? Are you able to see them before ordering? Just asking as I'd like to see them in person before deciding.

The ceramic coating isn’t done in-house at H&S ,Ian sent me the colour sample picture and they came back pretty much the same as the pic ,looks slightly matt feels smooth and cold like metal 

On 12/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, Arth_Vader said:

That sounds quite respectable for the neighbourhood.

Thanks.  Did you fit it yourself or get a garage to do it?

ive got a garage quoting £200 to do the exhaust and front disks/pads that’s I’ve bought.  (God they are heavy)

Hi, I fitted mine but £200 sounds a bargain for brakes as well

Well I’ve pulled the trigger on a cat back with the X pipe.

HnS web site said it was in stock but I’ve got to wait till the end of jan maybe feb, as they’ve had a few orders recently.

Spend a lot of time driving the F today in sport + manual and much fun was had.  

On 12/12/2020 at 8:59 PM, RichGS11 said:

How do the ceramic tips look in real life? Are you able to see them before ordering? Just asking as I'd like to see them in person before deciding.

Fyi they did black chrome tips for my exhaust, so if you are interested you can ask them.

• 4 weeks later...

17 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

I’ve rung H&S and changed my order to non X pipe.

ian said it might arrive next week.

Good shout, mine is a none X pipe catback (retains center cats) and its great, the hooligan in me wants it louder sometimes though!

Well mine arrived today, and the garage are in the process of fitting it.  

They’ve advised me to leave the fake pipes attached and on the bumper and not fit the H&S tips, so they’ll trim a bit off the twin exhaust exits so they fit directly behind the fake tips and heat shield.

Will still look stock, but not sound it hehe

Has anyone else fitted their H&S like this?

(except the black ISF in the Southdown area of harpenden - reg V8 XXX)

41 minutes ago, Arth_Vader said:

Well mine arrived today, and the garage are in the process of fitting it.  

They’ve advised me to leave the fake pipes attached and on the bumper and not fit the H&S tips, so they’ll trim a bit off the twin exhaust exits so they fit directly behind the fake tips and heat shield.

Will still look stock, but not sound it hehe

Has anyone else fitted their H&S like this?

(except the black ISF in the Southdown area of harpenden - reg V8 XXX)

That was the whole point for me to fit an exhaust i hate the fake tips why they advised you to keep oem? 

Ian from H&S said take the fake tips off, but the garage owner and his fitter said it might be better to leave the fake tips in because the housing they are in is also a heat shield, and the bumper is plastic.

I was in two minds about what to do with conflicting advice and I don’t mind the fakes.

I’ve already changed my mind once, or was it twice....

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 9:45 PM, Northern isf said:

That was the whole point for me to fit an exhaust i hate the fake tips why they advised you to keep oem? 

Mine came with the exhaust fitted but i had one on the list to buy for the same reason. I was expecting "oh is that the Lexus with the fake exhaust tips" off everyone when i bought this car and wanted to say no 😂 saying that fake exhausts have become commonplace since 2008 so i dont think anyone cares now.

Hope you are enjoying the new found noise Arthur!

On 22/01/2021 at 11:48 PM, Arth_Vader said:

Ian from H&S said take the fake tips off, but the garage owner and his fitter said it might be better to leave the fake tips in because the housing they are in is also a heat shield, and the bumper is plastic.

I was in two minds about what to do with conflicting advice and I don’t mind the fakes.

I’ve already changed my mind once, or was it twice....

Yea i got mine back from the exhaust shop with the standard tips at first think that lasted around 2days then had single tips then stacked round twins then finally oval stacked carbon. 

Sorry for slow reply, I’ve been erm driving quite a lot....every excuse I get in fact.

“...need some milk dear?  No problem!!”

I don’t need to look for excuses to get on the a roads or motorway for the induction noise now, it’s sounding like a big muscly v8 all the time, any time the accelerator gets a squiff of pressure.  It makes an awesome sound even in snow mode, trundling round a London 20mph limited side street.

(I’m not sure pressure is measured in squiffs )

Sorted the blipping as well.  Now it’s blipping at 2500.

ive got the silver tips if I ever need to fit them but the fakes look fine.

I’m absolutely over the moon. I let my wife drive it in a car park to hear from the outside and I was grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat.  

Anyone in any doubt how I’m feeling about the H&S? 🤠

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

Sorry for slow reply, I’ve been erm driving quite a lot....every excuse I get in fact.

“...need some milk dear?  No problem!!”

I don’t need to look for excuses to get on the a roads or motorway for the induction noise now, it’s sounding like a big muscly v8 all the time, any time the accelerator gets a squiff of pressure.  It makes an awesome sound even in snow mode, trundling round a London 20mph limited side street.

(I’m not sure pressure is measured in squiffs )

Sorted the blipping as well.  Now it’s blipping at 2500.

ive got the silver tips if I ever need to fit them but the fakes look fine.

I’m absolutely over the moon. I let my wife drive it in a car park to hear from the outside and I was grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat.  

Anyone in any doubt how I’m feeling about the H&S? 🤠

i said you wouldnt be sorry!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a stupid question, but Is the cat back system from H&S fully bolt on? Or would I have to get the full system that they offer to avoid cutting the OEM exhaust?

Thanks