Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake knocking noise ( CT200h)

ZoaLex

Hi all, I'm getting weird knocking sound when pressing the brake pedal, at low speeds its more prevalent and the more you press the pedal the more times it makes the knocking noise, I've had this since I bought it 2 years ago ( 2 years old with 20000 miles) and now have 35000 miles (4 years old) on it, but its getting louder now, from what I have read it is the brake actuator, is that so? and would replacing it solve the knocking sound? any advice? Thanks guys

Hi

I did while it was under warranty and at first they pretended not to hear it and then they acknowledged it but they said that it is normal for hybrids to do this and as long as there is no error code or light on, on the  dashboard all is ok, I'm fairly sure that they were bull****ting as they didn't want to fix it, it doesn't affect the brake performance, so far and I was wondering if anyone else has this and is there a fix for it.

why dont you take out an extended warranty whilst the car doesnt have any issues

or warning lights on the dashboard

our auris had a brake actuator issue and after reading the prius forums the cost

for replacing is circa £2500

a light would come on the dash and the braking performance changed alot

we would then reset the light and the brakes would be fine again

for the sake of £495 for 2 years warranty inc breakdown it would be

worth considering

• Like 1

Often it is not the brake that is the problem but the things that come under stress with brake application

I think I would be checking for a worn ball joint/s or strut mounting rubbers or even a broken spring, usually picked up at MOT time.

• Like 1

I've had knocking on brakes. And the issue was the caliper on my car. Sometimes the caliper carriers can go on brakes. Sometimes you can buy the caliper carrier separate or you may have to buy it with the caliper depends on where you buy it from? I replaced the whole lot. If you hear the knocking sound at really low speeds or when you are crawling. Get someone to check each wheel from the outside to hear which brake caliper is making the knocking sound d

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links