Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 spare set of alloys

I've just purchased a 2010 IS250 which has a set of 18 inch staggered alloys, front 225/40/18 and rear 255/40/18 - 8J front and 8.5J rear I think. Picture of the alloy type is below and I haven't seen many IS's with them. I always like to have a spare set of alloys if possible but I don't think I will find a set of the same alloys anytime soon. I'll have more luck finding a set of 17 inch alloys to use or a set of 18 inch alloys taken from the later IS models, i.e. IS300H (I've seen a set for sale)

I presume a set of 17 inch alloys from an IS250 would be ok? But does anyone know if the IS300H 18 inch alloys are ok to use. As far as I'm aware the PCD is the same at 5x114.3, the bore is the same at 60.1 and wondered if anyone could tell me if the wheels from an IS300H would be ok on a 2010 IS250?

image.thumb.png.a47a61112bd7d25d4f792efe599c9b96.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

I presume a set of 17 inch alloys from an IS250 would be ok? But does anyone know if the IS300H 18 inch alloys are ok to use. As far as I'm aware the PCD is the same at 5x114.3, the bore is the same at 60.1 and wondered if anyone could tell me if the wheels from an IS300H would be ok on a 2010 IS250?

Yes the size of mk2 and mk3 wheels (offsets etc.) are identical. I think mk3 uses narrower profile tyre in the rear, but that is about it.

Here is my old one on mk3 F-Sport wheels:

20191201_161230.thumb.jpg.4e0fa9b27790c4ee9bf21a1c73aae5a0.jpg

p.s. I have spare old battered mk2 wheels - for free if you want.

17 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oooh I like that wheel 

Thank you, I like them as well👍 easier to clean I think as well. Not seen many ISS250's with that design and at first I thought they may have been from another model but I think they were an option and not people people chose them.

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Thank you for the offer, how 'battered' are they and are they worth refurbing?

Kerb rash, peeling paint, oxidation... they are worth refurbishing if you ask me. I mean the aluminium it self is fine - if it is acid stripped and sand blasted then as good as any wheels, not buckled, cracked etc. But I would say they are in the condition where they have to be refurbished before using.