Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You definitely need it, it's not just anti freeze, it's also a corrosion inhibitor.  I don't have my owners manual to hand to tell you which is the best one for your engine but I'm sure someone will dive in before I get hold of it.

• Like 1

Hi as quoted you need the Toyota coolant ,as your car is over 10 years old the coolant should have been changed ,you will need to check the % strength for protection .You can purchase a gauge cheaply ( £11 E bay ) either refractometer type or hydrometer type and you will get a reading straight away telling you the temp the coolant strength will protect to ,top up if necessary .The anti corrosion properties de-grade with age so if you have no record of a change it would be wise to change the fluid to prevent damage .If there is a record and the fluid is quoted ,use this to top up ,I think you are safe to assume if the change was carried out by Lexus then Toyota fluid would be required

Dave

• Like 1