Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Cam

Gcambo

£40 no-brand one in mine that I bought from amazon and fitted myself using a fuse box adapter, first to my RC and now to my LC. My dealer routed the cable behind the A-pillar when they did the fuel pump so it’s neat and looks factory fitted.

Hasn’t let me down yet in 4 years of use.

• 6 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, wendle said:

Yes i had a Thinkware U1000 fitted, not the cheapest on the market but a great bit of kit, very good quality recording.

On 12/6/2020 at 12:03 PM, Stuart-S said:

£40 no-brand one in mine that I bought from Amazon and fitted myself using a fuse box adapter, first to my RC and now to my LC. My dealer routed the cable behind the A-pillar when they did the fuel pump so it’s neat and looks factory fitted.

Hasn’t let me down yet in 4 years of use.

Gents, I would be most interested in knowing more and in particular the power pick up points that your cameras were/are wired to.

I always put a camera in my cars and my current is a ROAV unit. It simply needs a switched supply on/off with the ignition. In my previous car it was connected by a USB cable to a power socket but I fear that is not a practical solution in the LC.

• Like 1

When you open the passenger door you have a piece of trim next to the glove box, i think it just snaps off, behind it is a fuse box, if you connect it into that box using the correct connections you do have to leave the fuse box cover off, you can't see it when you put the trim back.

i didn't fit it so i can't help of which fuse it is connected to

IMG_1600.thumb.jpeg.5964eecf81618b76fd304e1b10b9719f.jpeg

Hear you go , have a look here

Many thanks Wendle, I'll take a look see tomorrow morning. I also notice on the American forum, some folk are piggy backing their reverse mirror wiring. My concern here is that my camera needs a 5 volt (micro usb) power supply and whilst they can be very small I don't think small enough to contemplate connecting to the mirror.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:59 PM, Brian R said:

Many thanks Wendle, I'll take a look see tomorrow morning. I also notice on the American forum, some folk are piggy backing their reverse mirror wiring. My concern here is that my camera needs a 5 volt (micro usb) power supply and whilst they can be very small I don't think small enough to contemplate connecting to the mirror.

I believe hardwire kits should come with a black box to reduce voltage, I haven't got round to hardwiring my Viofo dashcam yet but comes with a 12/24V in, 5V out adapter thingy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links