Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RCF owner

On 12/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, Wood Butcher said:

This is pretty cool, guys. On the forum I was on previously, there were a number of cars that had changed hands between members and were well known. Never thought I’d own one myself 🙂

@Big Rat I hadn’t realised they were different callipers, just that they really stand out behind the black wheels! I Like them however as a focal point. Sadly they aren’t as pristine as during your ownership, looks like someone was hammering at the bolts, and there are a lot of chips to the enamel.
What happened with the originals, the paint started to come off? Heat of braking damaged the finish?

@V8ORBUST I guess you mean the exhaust, I certainly got a start the first time I heard her fired up, a lot deeper and louder than a Mustang I’d looked at.
Great job on the last clean, looks soooo shiny. I will try my best to keep things this way. Always a bittersweet moment on the last day I guess. What have you moved onto, another Lexus, a different marque?

@Wood Butcher No there was nothing wrong with the black paint finish, I just asked Lexus to do a repaint in brembo Yellow but there was a reaction of some kind so they simply supplied all new for me under warranty the Orange.

20 hours ago, BillNick said:

@Big Rat Given the research you went into for your warranty claim, do you know the paint code/colour for the orange calipers?

@Wood Butcher Welcome to club F. You will love it. Got mine from a fellow member about 8 weeks ago now and I am still learning 🙂 Love it!!

@BillNick Sorry don’t have the info now but if you contact any of the main dealer parts department as I did then they should be able to give you the numbers 😊

On 12/7/2020 at 9:03 PM, doog442 said:

Still prefer the Brembo Yellow :wink3:....looks like my post was taken slightly too literally, should really have given the end result. What's the latest steed, last I saw it was Aston ?  

@doog442 The Aston V12VS has come and gone .........🙈

As you can see I still have a fetish for yellow callipers 😂

So the current steed is..........

No so good in the twisties but back playing with houses again ..........

B6887C8F-97A0-459C-BDCF-8EF83DDD9C02.thumb.jpeg.7d8eb72fdcdc42fcb1c53914e5b55d05.jpeg

331FC078-CB8B-466F-A4BF-C437F8149D49.thumb.png.3284a4c09cd751762dbddb953219cb77.png

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 8:24 AM, V8ORBUST said:

@Wood Butcher I actually meant the carbon fiber interior upgrade, the centre console around the gear area and the gear nob itself, upgraded with original Toyota parts in genuine CF. Much better than the grey plastic imho.

The quick silver exhaust is definitely an improvement imho.

The ceramic coat did all the work, I can't take any credit 😅

I wondered if they had been changed, all the pictures I could find of the interiors never had this, so thanks for explaining, I agree that it does look a lot nicer.
I wasn't sure what options there were for the RCF, seems to have most things you'd want as standard, unlike most German cars.
I wanted to ask you a few questions about the spec, and something which came with the car, as the dealer didn't seem to be sure on all the features. If this is OK, I will send you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links