Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RCF owner

Hi everyone.

Having previously owned an E86 Z4 coupe for four years, the time had come for a change. I had a few things as potentials on my list including SLK55, Mustang, F-type & BMW M6.
The Lexus RCF had been on the radar for quite a while, but there never seemed to be any locally to look at, and those on the Lexus website were either out of my price range, or got snapped up very quickly.

Due to Covid disruption I'd kind of put a new car on the back burner. Ironically, the second lockdown, and boredom LED to another round of searching, which resulted in viewing an RCF. Had never been in any Lexus before, or seen an RCF in the metal prior to this. I was pleasantly surprised, and liked the fact it was a bit different to most other things on the road. The rest is history as they say, and I got myself an early Christmas present.
Still haven't had time to get to grips with everything, or to really test the performance yet. The weather hasn't been great here, apart from the day I drove her home 😠

Welcome WB, great choice, I've had mine just over 2 years now and it's still growing on me! I live in south Warrington and regularly travel around the north west for work, and I've only ever seen 2 others on the road in this region.

I can highly recommend Lexus Stockport for servicing - they have a great, personable team and really look after you.

Happy motoring!

Thanks for the recommendation, I think it's near to the new Mercedes mega showroom, just off the motorway.

Having a dealership in the area is a big plus for me, I don't think I'd want those unfamiliar with these cars servicing it, or working on it.

2 minutes ago, Wood Butcher said:

Thanks for the recommendation, I think it's near to the new Mercedes mega showroom, just off the motorway.

Having a dealership in the area is a big plus for me, I don't think I'd want those unfamiliar with these cars servicing it, or working on it.

Yes that's it, just off pyramid roundabout. A Lexus service history is important for these vehicles, particularly at resale time, and servicing is good value - averages about £500 / year.

Thanks BT, I had a drive out into Cheshire the other day.

I've seen pics of the carbon models, but that wasn't for me, I found the two-tone look a bit much, each to their own however. I know they are quite high spec.

2 hours ago, F.A. said:

Welcome to the club. 
Looks like it’s @V8ORBUSTs old car? 

I have no info on previous owners. The v5 no longer shows previous keepers details.

Being a relatively rare car on UK roads, I guess you guys might know the history of most of them 🧐

@Wood Butcher Admire your choice yes she was mine.....😊

If you require any info just pm me......the callipers are not painted but are genuine Lexus Gsf Orange ones.... there was a paint issue with the original callipers and I put in a warranty claim for this.....I was given the choice of black or Orange I researched the part numbers and RcF and GsF callipers are EXACTLY the same with only the factory paint code that differs.

So you have a unique car in that regard and probably the only UK RcF in that combo......cost for callipers pads and discs was nearly £5k 😳

So memory lane pics for you......

5E13FD57-8C48-4C5F-A7CC-6B5B556E95BB.thumb.jpeg.5a26853513e3b4ecaef6c05c41e3b5f3.jpegB30B1455-6A42-4827-9EFE-77C680BB4A25.thumb.jpeg.c898c6fe21d8e5a183db5a39df8587f0.jpeg0B477355-9886-4D84-83AA-973AA161BB78.thumb.jpeg.6a80a3bf0bef1f40ea75104a7a61e216.jpeg

• Like 1

Is that 2nd photo the car park of the Pen y Gwryd Hotel in Snowdonia?

Great cycling roads, and not too shabby to drive if you time it right

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Rat said:

If you require any info just pm me......the callipers are not painted but are genuine Lexus Gsf Orange ones.... there was a paint issue with the original callipers and I put in a warranty claim for this.....

Still prefer the brembo Yellow :wink3:....looks like my post was taken slightly too literally, should really have given the end result. What's the latest steed, last I saw it was Aston ?  

• Like 1

Glad she has gone to a good home. She wanted for nothing and basically sat on the motorway, with the odd blast for fun during my ownership.

Hope you like the carbon upgrades I did, cost a small fortune 😭

I gave her one last wash before she was picked up.

20201119_104225.jpg

This is pretty cool, guys. On the forum I was on previously, there were a number of cars that had changed hands between members and were well known. Never thought I’d own one myself 🙂

@Big Rat I hadn’t realised they were different callipers, just that they really stand out behind the black wheels! I Like them however as a focal point. Sadly they aren’t as pristine as during your ownership, looks like someone was hammering at the bolts, and there are a lot of chips to the enamel.
What happened with the originals, the paint started to come off? Heat of braking damaged the finish?

@V8ORBUST I guess you mean the exhaust, I certainly got a start the first time I heard her fired up, a lot deeper and louder than a Mustang I’d looked at.
Great job on the last clean, looks soooo shiny. I will try my best to keep things this way. Always a bittersweet moment on the last day I guess. What have you moved onto, another Lexus, a different marque?

@Wood Butcher I actually meant the carbon fiber interior upgrade, the centre console around the gear area and the gear nob itself, upgraded with original Toyota parts in genuine CF. Much better than the grey plastic imho.

The quick silver exhaust is definitely an improvement imho.

The ceramic coat did all the work, I can't take any credit 😅

On 12/7/2020 at 10:03 AM, Big Rat said:

If you require any info just pm me......the callipers are not painted but are genuine Lexus Gsf Orange ones.... there was a paint issue with the original callipers and I put in a warranty claim for this.....I was given the choice of black or Orange I researched the part numbers and RcF and GsF callipers are EXACTLY the same with only the factory paint code that differs.

So you have a unique car in that regard and probably the only UK RcF in that combo......cost for callipers pads and discs was nearly £5k 😳

So memory lane pics for you....

@Big Rat Given the research you went into for your warranty claim, do you know the paint code/colour for the orange calipers?

@Wood Butcher Welcome to club F. You will love it. Got mine from a fellow member about 8 weeks ago now and I am still learning 🙂 Love it!!