Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h models, spec and replacement

I’ve been without a car for 8 mi this nw as I handed my RX450h back in March when the crisis started and I lost my job. Got to say Lexus finance were very good and as I was halfway though the deal  too it back no problem. I’m now working from home pro-team but need a car and like the idea of picking up a cheap IS300. I previously had an IS250 which was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

I wondering If people can clarify the spec for me. I like the looks of the FSport, and the supportive seats. But I also want the full Nav and the Mark Levinson audio is a must. 
Are there many differences other than a firmer suspension setup on the F as regards spec that are worth looking at or can I look at one of the other models without sacrificing better handling?

Also, for the first time, rather than HP I’m think of a PCP as I’d like to have the option to upgrade to the ES in a couple of years. Looks a really nice car and FWD is a big plus for me. Do you folks think a PCP would be the right way to do this? My budget for now is 15-20k to get the IS, looking for no more than 5 years old and sensible miles. I do a mix of occasional long motorway driving, 4-5 hours and local stuff so no more than 6k p.a.

Any thoughts appreciated.

22 hours ago, TimS320 said:

I’ve been without a car for 8 mi this nw as I handed my RX450h back in March when the crisis started and I lost my job. Got to say Lexus finance were very good and as I was halfway though the deal  too it back no problem. I’m now working from home pro-team but need a car and like the idea of picking up a cheap IS300. I previously had an IS250 which was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

I wondering If people can clarify the spec for me. I like the looks of the FSport, and the supportive seats. But I also want the full Nav and the Mark Levinson audio is a must. 
Are there many differences other than a firmer suspension setup on the F as regards spec that are worth looking at or can I look at one of the other models without sacrificing better handling?

Also, for the first time, rather than HP I’m think of a PCP as I’d like to have the option to upgrade to the ES in a couple of years. Looks a really nice car and FWD is a big plus for me. Do you folks think a PCP would be the right way to do this? My budget for now is 15-20k to get the IS, looking for no more than 5 years old and sensible miles. I do a mix of occasional long motorway driving, 4-5 hours and local stuff so no more than 6k p.a.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Personally speaking I’d go for a Premier. I’ve had a 2014 IS250 F-Sport with premium nav and ML and both options are definitely worthwhile I agree. For your budget I think I’m right in saying it would have to be an F-Sport with those options or a Premier which has them as standard.

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

I have a feeling I’m in a minority as I prefer  the standard grille rather than the F-Sport grille.

Your not alone. Hence I got a executive and changed the wheels. Best of both 

• Like 1