Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

car play upgrade

Hi all Next week my NX300h is going in to have the apple car play software installed. I have a Samsung S7 edge phone which works perfectly at the moment but as the Samsung is an android operating system does anybody know if it will work via the "carplay2 air" wireless connector I have just purchased or will they only work with apple iphones ? the info. I have found so far on this is a bit in conclusive..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The first thing to note is that for Android based phones, you will need to use the Android Auto part of the upgrade. CarPlay is restricted to apple phones only.

Certainly possible that the adaptor may work, if it's simply a usb to Bluetooth connection, but you would need to check their specs.

Thanks

I have, unfortunately, purchased a Cplay2air so I wont be able to use it, at least I will, if I understand the replies, be able to use my Samsung on the head unit upgrade using the android part of the upgrade. If I assume wrong please let me know.

Thanks for your help 

Hi Roy,

The upgrade that you will be getting next week will give you both apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability. Your Samsung phone (being Android) will therefore run Android Auto in your car. As has been stated the Cplay2air device that you have purchased will be incompatible with your phone\Android Auto.

At the moment there isn't an Android equivalent of the Cplay2air device (for wireless connectivity) however there is one in development that may come to market in the 1st quarter of next year.

During my experiments I used a miracast device connected to A/V input for mirroring my android cell and it worked, but the problem is the safety feature that switch video off if car is moving . There is a mod interface but I decided to avoid touching ML.

ACarPlay2 definitely only for Iphone models, I contacted the manufacturer to ask the question about using my Samsung S10. I'm happy just connecting my android via USB and I find Google Maps works excellent.. in many ways I guess saying the 'hey Google' "instruction" is pretty much the same as 'hey siri'.. but USB connected so, unless I decide to buy an Iphone it's no issue