Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential new purchase

@JeffL I can't answer your questions, but what I can say is my new RC is the same colour, Sonic Titanium, and you have to see it in the flesh!

I like the pictures but when I seen the colour in real life I was like 90% sold before the test drive lol.

• Like 1

If it is the Model,Spec, Colour you want and the price is what you are prepared to pay. And it is a genuine mileage over 5 1/2 years with a full Lexus Service history and the tyres have at least 4mm of tread and they are all the same and it is given a full service and it has 12 months Full Lexus Warranty ans 12 months Lexus Extended Warranty, I would offer £500 short of the asking price and walk away if they wont drop it by at Least £250.

Good Luck Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JeffL said:

Could do with a quick response. What do you think of this specific NX at the condition, age, mileage and price?

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Nx-Estate/300h-25-Premier-5dr-CVT-u3cdkte

If your budget allows, you should look at the face-lift model which was available from the end of 2017, it seems in the lexus site they refer to it as 'Model year: 2019' i.e.

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Nx-Estate/300h-25-SE-5dr-CVT-Premium-Nav-2WD-mqcfwnz

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

If it is the Model,Spec, Colour you want and the price is what you are prepared to pay. And it is a genuine mileage over 5 1/2 years with a full Lexus Service history and the tyres have at least 4mm of tread and they are all the same and it is given a full service and it has 12 months Full Lexus Warranty ans 12 months Lexus Extended Warranty, I would offer £500 short of the asking price and walk away if they wont drop it by at Least £250.

Good Luck Jeff.

Thanks John. Although this car is exactly the spec I want (when I decide to change), this enquiry is on behalf of my daughter and son-in-law who live in London. I've checked the M.O.T. history and all looks good. They've just messaged me to say that they are test driving it on Sunday! Have you had a look for that thread that you and I contributed to about Lexus dealers good and bad? I can't find it. Just wondering what reputation Lexus Reading have.

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Yes vey helpful, thanks. Jemca seem to be okay. re previous thread, I've been as far back as September so it must be before then. Not to worry, those reviews for Jemca Reading look okay.

I seem to recall that Motorline Group and Lister Group did not come out too well. I think Motorline have Bristol, Cardiff. Maidstone, Gatwick, Tunbridge and Cantebury. Lister have Coventry, Cheltenham and Lincoln. Maybe this new thread will start up the conversation again. The good ones I recall were, I think, Chester, Stockport, Sheffield and hopefully a few more!

Maybe I'll start a new thread.

Glad to have helped.

Yes,in general the big groups have the most complaints and the small ones the least. That is not really surprising is it.Big groups can have good reports and small groups can have bad reports.

I mentioned Chester recently and was immediately countered by Mark(ct200h) whose experience was poor.

Motorline also have Heathrow. 

Also good have been Snows Group at Hedge End. Hendy at Poole, Pinkstones at Stoke, John Roe at Hull.

As I have stated previously to construct a league table would be pointless for many,many reasons.We just need to submit report of both good and bad service.

My current lists of reports are attached for you to continue as I have now started the ball rolling and others can continue if they wish.

It might be best if we ask the MODS to introduce a Section HEADED LEXUS AND NON LEXUS SERVICING underneath Forums at the beginning of the Forums Section, just as they have with WAS THIS YOU ? Members can then post their views in one folder.

Lexus Indie Garages (1).docx MORE LEXUS INDIE RECOMMEND.docx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jbi507 said:

If your budget allows, you should look at the face-lift model which was available from the end of 2017, it seems in the lexus site they refer to it as 'Model year: 2019' i.e.

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/Nx-Estate/300h-25-SE-5dr-CVT-Premium-Nav-2WD-mqcfwnz

That's an interesting price trade off between a facelift NX SE (lower spec, but larger media screen, potential upgrade for Carplay/Android Auto) versus a pre facelift Premier spec (higher spec, surround camera, HUD etc).

When I have looked to get the facelift NX in an equivalent Premier spec, you're easily adding on another £4-9K. (around £30K)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I purchased mine at end July this year. A Luxury in white (colour I wanted), 65 plate,  20k miles, standard spec + sunroof (again I wanted this). Standard nav and no convenience pack (I find the NX one to be too slow anyway).

The spec on this one seems good. ML and premium nav. Best to check price against every other Luxury for that year on the approved used site. This should show whether it is a good price or not. The wheels don’t look like the standard NX Luxury wheels for that vintage.

Make sure they check service history - every 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Ask the dealership to print out the service record.

Hope it goes well.

• Thanks 1

Just now, paulrnx said:

I purchased mine at end July this year. A Luxury in white (colour I wanted), 65 plate,  20k miles, standard spec + sunroof (again I wanted this). Standard nav and no convenience pack (I find the NX one to be too slow anyway).

The spec on this one seems good. ML and premium nav. Best to check price against every other Luxury for that year on the approved used site. This should show whether it is a good price or not. The wheels don’t look like the standard NX Luxury wheels for that vintage.

Make sure they check service history - every 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Ask the dealership to print out the service record.

Hope it goes well.

For £21.5k. I missed out the most relevant piece of info! 😀

13 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Hope it goes well.

Ignore some of what I’ve said. 😂 It’s a Premier not a Luxury. That’ll be why the wheels are different! Good price I’d say and worth a look.

• Thanks 1

I've bought from Reading and another Lexus dealer in the Jemca group (Sidcup) and they were great. Really good for servicing too. Always ready to go the extra mile. The receptionist would remember my name despite only going in once or twice a year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@JeffL

That's a nice looking car, my wife wanted the sonic titanium.  

I would have pushed the button on a sonic titanium from Tunbridge Wells Lexus (fantastic dealer) but it had the smaller nav, it was important to us to get the upgraded nav screen for car play. 

Looks like it has everything apart from the larger nav screen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom H said:

@JeffL

That's a nice looking car, my wife wanted the sonic titanium.  

I would have pushed the button on a sonic titanium from Tunbridge Wells Lexus (fantastic dealer) but it had the smaller nav, it was important to us to get the upgraded nav screen for car play. 

Looks like it has everything apart from the larger nav screen

Interesting to hear you had a good experience with Tunbridge Wells. Others have said that Motorline Group Lexus dealers not good but, as always, it will depend a lot on the individual people we deal with in any organisation regarding the service we receive.

• Like 1