Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is this behaviour normal?

Hefore

I have a 2011 CT200h. When the the ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) kicks in, the car jerks once and I can feel a very slight vibration through the steering wheel that doesn't go away until the ICE shuts off. It happens only when the car is not moving or is moving very slowly. The effect disappears completely as the speed increases and doesn't happen when the ICE kicks in at speed.

I just wanted to check if this is normal for this model or I should go to Lexus to have them diagnose the issue, and would appreciate any comments :-).

Side note: I've been reading about the potential EGR cooler issue but there is no characteristic rattling noise. Not saying it's not that though.

Another side note: when I switch into Sports Mode, the tachometer reads around 1,500 RPM which seems a bit on the high side after researching it online. The needle doesn't move up and down however and I don't live in a climate with sub-zero temperatures :-).

Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, Hefore said:

I have a 2011 CT200h. When the the ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) kicks in, the car jerks once and I can feel a very slight vibration through the steering wheel that doesn't go away until the ICE shuts off.

What's the state of charge of the traction Battery at this time?

It could be the running of the generator that you're feeling rather than anything to do with the engine.

When I start the car in the morning, the traction Battery is usually almost full. And when I crawl in traffic, this happens when the Battery gets depleted.

Also, when I start the car for the first time during the day, the ICE runs for a couple of minutes and then shuts off as the car switches to the EV mode. But when I turn the aircon on, this happens. After driving for a bit, I can turn the aircon on/off and it doesn't happen unless the Battery charge is low.