Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Double DIN Fascia Kit

Parthiban

Hi all, used to be a regular member on here but have been living overseas for a few years and the Lexus has been in storage - hello if any of the old members are still around!

Just returned and put the IS back on the road, but looking to replace the headunit with a double DIN to add android auto. The go-to used to be the autoleads fascia kit, but now see there are a few others which in photos look a bit better, does anyone have any recommendations on which is the best match to the dash?

I tried searching but couldn't find anything, although that could just be my lack of searching skills!

I haven't used it myself so I can't say for sure. But it seems to be one of the only ones I've found and it's probably the one I will get myself in the not too distant future.

Maybe someone else who has done this already can chime in.

Cool, I had been looking at this which looks like the same kit. Be careful with that eBay link as from the pic it doesn't look like the right ISO adapter.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT24LX01-CT51-LX01-Car-Stereo-Fascia-Fitting-Kit-For-Lexus-IS200-2001-2004/350443622454?epid=542804669&hash=item5198115036:g:aQsAAOSwkvFahWvg

On 12/8/2020 at 3:24 PM, Parthiban said:

Hi all, used to be a regular member on here but have been living overseas for a few years and the Lexus has been in storage - hello if any of the old members are still around!

Well hello Parthiban, good to see you back. Hope your IS200 fared well having been stored for almost 8 years?

I'm still rocking the Grom unit that I originally installed on my IS200, then transferred across to my current GS  🙂

Hi mate, good to see some of the old members still around! It was just 4 years it was stored for but fired up first crank no hesitation 🙂

My Bluetooth phone/music kit has died so ripping all that out and just want to replace it with a double din android auto unit.

As an aside question, thinking of getting this Kenwood unit: https://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/nav_mm/android-auto-mm/DMX8020DABS/?view=

Glancing through the instructions, it says to connect the speed pulse input and parking brake wire - are these both necessary for it to work? And if so, does anyone know where I can find the right connections for these in the car?

11 minutes ago, Parthiban said:

Glancing through the instructions, it says to connect the speed pulse input and parking brake wire - are these both necessary for it to work? And if so, does anyone know where I can find the right connections for these in the car?

I installed its predecessor (pre-Android auto) in my dad's X-Trail. I skipped that bit during install, and as far as I can tell, the only thing it can't do is playback videos on its screen. I believe there is a legal requirement/legislation where vehicles with video playback capabilities must cease to do so when the vehicle is in motion, and the park brake signal or the speed input signal is one way to determine this.

On the GS, if I play a DVD movie, the video stops showing if I release the parking brake (audio continues though).

Also, there should be another connection for 12V feed from the reverse lights. If you hook it up to this, the screen will show video feed from the reverse camera accordingly. On my kit, the reverse camera was sold separately.

The speed pulse wire looks like it might be a problem - doing some research it looks like wireless carplay/android auto won't work if this wire isn't connected - if you don't hook it up then you have to go wired (which was specifically why I wanted this unit lol).

I guess I'm going to have to find the wire to tap into, or otherwise no point in going for this model.

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links