Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

I'm looking for new wheels! But I don't want agonies of work to fit them. I'm open for going bigger than 16's, within reason. 

I appreciate my options maybe limited. So, would anyone like to furnish me with any?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

I'm looking for new wheels! But I don't want agonies of work to fit them. I'm open for going bigger than 16's, within reason. 

I appreciate my options maybe limited. So, would anyone like to furnish me with any?? 

LS430 facelift wheels, they turn up often on eBay, 18" and a straight fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

LS430 facelift wheels, they turn up often on eBay, 18" and a straight fit.

Thanks, that's utterly brilliant, I should have known you'd know! 

Am I right to assume going from 16s to 18s means a compromise in ride? If so, how much is the next question! Handily I quite like the LS430 facelift wheels

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I believe it can affect the speedometer reading slightly and I also think you really should inform your insurance company as it's considered a modification. The first LS430 had 17" wheels and the facelift 18" and some say the ride is a little firmer on 18" I think anything you do that isn't what Lexus strived to achieve will compromise the ride somewhat but probably not enough to worry about.  I fitted new wheels with lower profile tyres to my LS400 and immediately put the originals back but I think LS430 wheels will be fine. With that said I guess prefacelift wheels may give you a better ride being 17".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Well I believe it can affect the speedometer reading slightly and I also think you really should inform your insurance company as it's considered a modification. The first LS430 had 17" wheels and the facelift 18" and some say the ride is a little firmer on 18" I think anything you do that isn't what Lexus strived to achieve will compromise the ride somewhat but probably not enough to worry about.  I fitted new wheels with lower profile tyres to my LS400 and immediately put the originals back but I think LS430 wheels will be fine. With that said I guess prefacelift wheels may give you a better ride being 17".

Brilliant, thank you. I might look for the 17's if they also fit, the DHP wheels were 17's I think so might be a better compromise? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

Brilliant, thank you. I might look for the 17's if they also fit, the DHP wheels were 17's I think so might be a better compromise? 

Not sure what size DHP are, I think they are the best looking wheels a 400 had but I've heard various stories of it being difficult to get tyres for them now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I tried at set of 2006 5 spoke LS430 18" with 235/50 Rubber, found the ride "firm" due to less tire wall. Settled for 2004 6 spoke LS430 17" with 225/55 Rubber, now have the look I wanted, but keeping the "luxury" ride. 👍 Pic.1 Original 16", Pic.2 New 17" ($200 for set off eBay 😉)

LS400 (1).jpg

LS400 (29).jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership