Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Wheels for series 2 facelift LS400

41 minutes ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

I'm looking for new wheels! But I don't want agonies of work to fit them. I'm open for going bigger than 16's, within reason. 

I appreciate my options maybe limited. So, would anyone like to furnish me with any?? 

LS430 facelift wheels, they turn up often on eBay, 18" and a straight fit.

36 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

LS430 facelift wheels, they turn up often on eBay, 18" and a straight fit.

Thanks, that's utterly brilliant, I should have known you'd know! 

Am I right to assume going from 16s to 18s means a compromise in ride? If so, how much is the next question! Handily I quite like the LS430 facelift wheels

Well I believe it can affect the speedometer reading slightly and I also think you really should inform your insurance company as it's considered a modification. The first LS430 had 17" wheels and the facelift 18" and some say the ride is a little firmer on 18" I think anything you do that isn't what Lexus strived to achieve will compromise the ride somewhat but probably not enough to worry about.  I fitted new wheels with lower profile tyres to my LS400 and immediately put the originals back but I think LS430 wheels will be fine. With that said I guess prefacelift wheels may give you a better ride being 17".

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Well I believe it can affect the speedometer reading slightly and I also think you really should inform your insurance company as it's considered a modification. The first LS430 had 17" wheels and the facelift 18" and some say the ride is a little firmer on 18" I think anything you do that isn't what Lexus strived to achieve will compromise the ride somewhat but probably not enough to worry about.  I fitted new wheels with lower profile tyres to my LS400 and immediately put the originals back but I think LS430 wheels will be fine. With that said I guess prefacelift wheels may give you a better ride being 17".

Brilliant, thank you. I might look for the 17's if they also fit, the DHP wheels were 17's I think so might be a better compromise? 

9 hours ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

Brilliant, thank you. I might look for the 17's if they also fit, the DHP wheels were 17's I think so might be a better compromise? 

Not sure what size DHP are, I think they are the best looking wheels a 400 had but I've heard various stories of it being difficult to get tyres for them now.  

• 2 months later...

I tried at set of 2006 5 spoke LS430 18" with 235/50 Rubber, found the ride "firm" due to less tire wall. Settled for 2004 6 spoke LS430 17" with 225/55 Rubber, now have the look I wanted, but keeping the "luxury" ride. 👍 Pic.1 Original 16", Pic.2 New 17" ($200 for set off eBay 😉)

LS400 (1).jpg

LS400 (29).jpg