Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'll just leave these here...

rich1068

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Why?

I can't help it.

That and you'll notice I haven't updated my LS 400 thread recently. BECAUSE NOTHING EVER GOES WRONG WITH IT. Saabs on the other hand regularly break so this will keep me quiet for ages.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I can't help it.

That and you'll notice I haven't updated my LS 400 thread recently. BECAUSE NOTHING EVER GOES WRONG WITH IT. Saabs on the other hand regularly break so this will keep me quiet for ages.

Brave man!

It's a 9-3 Aero with the B205R. I recently sold a 9-3 Convertible with the n/a B204i and I've had a couple of 9-5 Aeros (B235R) but I always found the 9-5s to be a little unrefined, especially when I'd got a Lexus or two on the fleet. The 9-3 Aero is a nice fit, has plenty that needs doing and also has that lovely body kit.

More news as I get it :wink:

• Like 1

Briefly, yes. It was a 3.0 litre V6 Griffin. One of only a couple still on the road. A friend bought it but got shouted at so handed it to me. Lovely car but just too much needed doing. Not really mechanical stuff but things like heaters not working etc. The sort of thing that could take up a huge amount of time and money.

PHOTO_20190105_151955.jpg

You know these are one of the better looking soft tops. I remember going to the last ever British motor show it was held at the NEC its when they started bringing in the live action arena etc. I took my young son at the time and vividly remember taking our seat in the live action arena and there was one of these soft top Saabs in the middle of the show that was about to start never forget it. Enjoy it Rich.

• Like 1

lovely looking convertible, wish I had one for the summer !

My old Saab regn  N 4 PRO  was a very very sound car, thought it would last me forever, then along popped my first Ls400 regn. J 54 DAP ?

Malc

• Like 1

I bought a 900  2.3i vert with 22,000 miles for £400.

Thought it would be ideal to teach my son to drive as you are more aware of your surroundings. He did not like the roof down at all! Mrs also not a fan of open tops!

27 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I bought a 900  2.3i vert with 22,000 miles for £400.

Thought it would be ideal to teach my son to drive as you are more aware of your surroundings. He did not like the roof down at all! Mrs also not a fan of open tops!

Family can be such spoilsports!

26 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

Not trying to tempt us are you Rich?

I don't there are many of here that would swap from a Lexus to a Saab!

On 12/12/2020 at 5:06 PM, rich1068 said:

Oh they do like to wobble. Especially the first gen 9-3. The second gen is much more rigid.

The one I had was a 1999 car but not sure if this was a first or second gen?

• 1 month later...

Things are coming along quite nicely.

Service items done (oil, filter, air filter, plugs), usual Saab electrical gremlins largely sorted, paintwork given a little bit of attention, wheels refurb'd, vacuum hoses changed, throttle body cleaned etc etc.

IMG_20210127_151958496.thumb.jpg.22d35ee9d460cb9940fb3e5700fc6070.jpg

IMG_20210127_155715486.thumb.jpg.d940f41075347d7f6f517ff012106544.jpg

Still plenty to do though.

• Like 2