Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1000 miles up

Just recorded a 1000 miles done on the tacho thought i would post a report. It's winter so the fuel consumption is not going to be at its best but i have to say its not bad at all really on a mix of motorway and town i can usually achieve around the mark between 38 to 42 mpg without trying really so that's not bad. My short commute to work i get 26 to 28mpg. I've not actually done a full refill of the tank i never let it get that low and i know its a small tank (44 litres i think) but on the occasions I've topped up the gauge reads around a quarter full or thereabouts it doesn't cost a lot to top it up, so economy wise i would say long term it will be good as expected. I've dipped the oil and it looks as good as new hardly any discolouration at all. The drive is sublime really good and the immediate pull off from a standing start at lights is excellent no drag at all. I'm enjoying the brake hold but keep forgetting to turn it off when not needed , not sure it may go off on its own. The ecvt gearbox is very good as well when driving you can hardly hear it even when pulling on to the motorway its not bad saying that I'm not heavy footed. That brings me to the Lexus link when i look at my Journey's in the app and the hybrid coaching etc it says good braking good or bad acceleration, well i can tell you i totally disagree when it says bad acceleration the odd time it has been correct but i get this a lot and i can tell you i don't I'm not heavy footed. i can honestly say i aint I'm wondering if Lexus are doing this to encourage more sensible driving I'm just saying as a comment to the app. The Bridgestone run flats are no more noisy than any others I've used i am not complaining. I've noticed on the windscreen some stock marks number wrote on i cant them off. When edging into either a garage or space hitting the brake and releasing and moving again there is a bit of noise and creaking the wife also mentions when releasing from park moving to drive its not as smooth as our Audi we have she is on about the clunk into drive i think, i tell her its a different set up. She rarely drives it by the way. loving the heated seats and steering wheel i set the climate concierge to do the business. The windows demist well the wing mirrors and rear screen clear quickly to be truthful hardly any misting inside has occurred yet so that's testament to the Lexus system I'm sure. These cornering lights are very good very useful indeed. The adaptive high beam works and is easy to use. One thing I'm struggling to get to grips with and its me not the car is the keyless entry and exit and in particular the back hatch door using the kick sensor is ok, opening from inside the car ok providing you unlock first but for some reason it will not open on the key fob and when you close the rear door from the rear lock switch i dont think it puts the deadbolts on. I am regularly looking at the manual but will get there eventually. I don't think the button inside the car for opening the rear hatch is in a good place i have to look down bend etc to see where it is and again that will only operate if the doors are unlocked. The boot and there has been a lot of talk about this i find it adequate for our needs and demands however should we wish to double the space its easily done look at the topic boot spaced on here. So all in all happy with the car meets all our requirements good purchase. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ALAW said:

Just recorded a 1000 miles done on the tacho thought i would post a report. It's winter so the fuel consumption is not going to be at its best but i have to say its not bad at all really on a mix of motorway and town i can usually achieve around the mark between 38 to 42 mpg without trying really so that's not bad. My short commute to work i get 26 to 28mpg. I've not actually done a full refill of the tank i never let it get that low and i know its a small tank (44 litres i think) but on the occasions I've topped up the gauge reads around a quarter full or thereabouts it doesn't cost a lot to top it up, so economy wise i would say long term it will be good as expected. I've dipped the oil and it looks as good as new hardly any discolouration at all. The drive is sublime really good and the immediate pull off from a standing start at lights is excellent no drag at all. I'm enjoying the brake hold but keep forgetting to turn it off when not needed , not sure it may go off on its own. The ecvt gearbox is very good as well when driving you can hardly hear it even when pulling on to the motorway its not bad saying that I'm not heavy footed. That brings me to the Lexus link when i look at my Journey's in the app and the hybrid coaching etc it says good braking good or bad acceleration, well i can tell you i totally disagree when it says bad acceleration the odd time it has been correct but i get this a lot and i can tell you i don't I'm not heavy footed. i can honestly say i aint I'm wondering if Lexus are doing this to encourage more sensible driving I'm just saying as a comment to the app. The Bridgestone run flats are no more noisy than any others I've used i am not complaining. I've noticed on the windscreen some stock marks number wrote on i cant them off. When edging into either a garage or space hitting the brake and releasing and moving again there is a bit of noise and creaking the wife also mentions when releasing from park moving to drive its not as smooth as our Audi we have she is on about the clunk into drive i think, i tell her its a different set up. She rarely drives it by the way. loving the heated seats and steering wheel i set the climate concierge to do the business. The windows demist well the wing mirrors and rear screen clear quickly to be truthful hardly any misting inside has occurred yet so that's testament to the Lexus system I'm sure. These cornering lights are very good very useful indeed. The adaptive high beam works and is easy to use. One thing I'm struggling to get to grips with and its me not the car is the keyless entry and exit and in particular the back hatch door using the kick sensor is ok, opening from inside the car ok providing you unlock first but for some reason it will not open on the key fob and when you close the rear door from the rear lock switch i dont think it puts the deadbolts on. I am regularly looking at the manual but will get there eventually. I don't think the button inside the car for opening the rear hatch is in a good place i have to look down bend etc to see where it is and again that will only operate if the doors are unlocked. The boot and there has been a lot of talk about this i find it adequate for our needs and demands however should we wish to double the space its easily done look at the topic boot spaced on here. So all in all happy with the car meets all our requirements good purchase. 

An interesting report, thanks for posting.

Very interesting review.

I have one of these on my shortlist but  I am concerned that the likely mpg return justifies moving to a hybrid.Our 3 litre ,6 cylinder petrol BMW 140i has always returned between 37 and 45 mpg and clearly the performance will be very different to the UX250. I am not bothered about the reduced performance but need to show a meaningful improvement in mpg to justify such a move.

Ideally I need to have a 2 day demo but that may not be possible in the present circumstances.

Anyway,glad you are enjoying the Lexus.

A J.

11 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Very nice report from an enthusiastic owner Brent.

Do keep reading and re-reading the Handbook Brent as the Tacho records REVS not miles !

Glad you are pleased with it.

Thanks John faultless execution of the truth as usual should it read ODO.  

"you unlock first but for some reason it will not open on the key fob"

Brent...... press and hold down the tailgate button on the key fob for a good few seconds and the tailgate should open. Works every time on my UX.

11 hours ago, Ed the Ted said:

"you unlock first but for some reason it will not open on the key fob"

Brent...... press and hold down the tailgate button on the key fob for a good few seconds and the tailgate should open. Works every time on my UX.

Thanks Eddy by chance before seeing your reply today i had a couple of attempts after re reading the manual. Using the key fob i pressed unlock then went to the tailgate button and pressed and held it a bit and presto up she came. After reading this now tommorrow i will try just pressing the tailgate button and holding it see what happens.

Thanks Brent.

The key fob will not open the tailgate if the car is locked or the engine running. It's to ensure the tailgate will not open should the driver accidentally trigger the fob's tailgate button whilst driving.

I'm also finding the brake hold useful especially whilst queuing in McDonald's drivethru 😀

Really loving this car.

1 hour ago, Ed the Ted said:

The key fob will not open the tailgate if the car is locked or the engine running. It's to ensure the tailgate will not open should the driver accidentally trigger the fob's tailgate button whilst driving.

I'm also finding the brake hold useful especially whilst queuing in McDonald's drivethru 😀

Really loving this car.

Thanks Eddy yeah getting to grips with it now and yes im loving the car.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:20 AM, ALAW said:

the wife also mentions when releasing from park moving to drive its not as smooth as our Audi we have she is on about the clunk into drive

Interesting to read this as the hybrid transmission does not have any gears or clutches to engage like a conventional automatic. The clunk could be the release of the parking pawl if the car has edged forward after Park was engaged. But an Audi automatic will be the same as this (Is the Audi automatic?)

Since nothing else is happening when you engage Drive, could it be that Lexus has gone to the trouble of creating an artificial clunk to make the car feel more like a conventional automatic? It's hard to know what else it could be as nothing mechanical actually happens when you engage Drive except for the parking pawl and some changes in the electrical circuits.

When stopping, you could try engaging the parking brake before you release the footbrake and before you engage Park. Then the parking pawl in the transmission won't be holding the car on any incline. If it still clunks when you engage Drive it sounds as if it might be an artificial noise to give the feel of a conventional car.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, Thackeray said:

Interesting to read this as the hybrid transmission does not have any gears or clutches to engage like a conventional automatic. The clunk could be the release of the parking pawl if the car has edged forward after Park was engaged. But an Audi automatic will be the same as this (Is the Audi automatic?)

Since nothing else is happening when you engage Drive, could it be that Lexus has gone to the trouble of creating an artificial clunk to make the car feel more like a conventional automatic? It's hard to know what else it could be as nothing mechanical actually happens when you engage Drive except for the parking pawl and some changes in the electrical circuits.

When stopping, you could try engaging the parking brake before you release the footbrake and before you engage Park. Then the parking pawl in the transmission won't be holding the car on any incline. If it still clunks when you engage Drive it sounds as if it might be an artificial noise to give the feel of a conventional car.

Thanks for this William. What we do is usually stop and just put into park. We are on the level at our house parked on gravel. Yeah our Audi was auto.