Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

EGR knocking badly

R32crew

Hi guys...

My car has had the knocking rattling & misfiring issues for a few months now...

Now it’s got quite bad my engine light is on when I had it read it said Miss fire on cylinder 1...

Im going to hopefully give the EGR valve & the Pipe a clean on weekend depending on weather... 

Does anyone know if I remove the throttle body & clean that too would I have any issues on re fitting throttle body ???

Cheers. 

On 12/9/2020 at 11:54 AM, R32crew said:

Hi guys...

My car has had the knocking rattling & misfiring issues for a few months now...

Now it’s got quite bad my engine light is on when I had it read it said Miss fire on cylinder 1...

Im going to hopefully give the EGR valve & the Pipe a clean on weekend depending on weather... 

Does anyone know if I remove the throttle body & clean that too would I have any issues on re fitting throttle body ???

Cheers. 

I dont have a ct200h could it be spark plugs /leads or coil pack? Check camshaft? What's the mileage?

Hi mate.

Me & my friend took apart the EGR yesterday what was meant to be just an EGR clean ended in...

Removed EGR the cooler & the pipes connected. Cleaned out the EGR cooler & pipes with brake cleaner.

Removed & cleaned the Throttle body with brake cleaner.

Also removed & cleaned the Intake manifold.

End result after 6/7 Hrs working perfect job The rattles missing shakes all gone.

Drives perfect now 👏👍

• Like 2