Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What has happened to the Forum ?

I have suddenly started to receive screens with colours! Red edging around boxes and a mixture of light and dark blues throughout. And the typefaces are all too light for me to read.

I cannot discern matters clearly and I do NOT like it.

Will the Mods please explain ?

If this is the new face of the Forum I shall be leaving.

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And the typefaces are all too light for me to read.

I don't see any change in the typefaces John - all the headings and message bodies are the same as always.

• Like 1

Just now, Herbie said:

I don't see any change in the typefaces John - all the headings and message bodies are the same as always.

Thanks Herbie. It could be my PC I suppose, but my SUBMIT REPLY BOX is now sky blue and FOLLOWING BOX is dark blue and typeface is grey.

Any ideas Herbie ?

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I have suddenly started to receive screens with colours! Red edging around boxes and a mixture of light and dark blues throughout. And the typefaces are all too light for me to read.

^^ Exactly the same for me, very odd. I’m not really a fan either as there is a box to the right with number of replies etc. which squeezes the main topic too. Yuk!

36 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You must of been on the site as it was being updated. 

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Same here - I noticed forum being updated today, but after update it seem to have lost background, it is very bright, the font is too light and harder to read than before.

what browser are you using? 

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Please don’t blame the “mods”  our only job is to “police” the forums and keep the peace giving up our own time to do so. We have no input or influence on the website appearance or any changes made to it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Please don’t blame the “mods”  our only job is to “police” the forums and keep the peace giving up our own time to do so. We have no input or influence on the website appearance or any changes made to it.

I didn't read the comment it like that - don't think anyone blaming mods, just something has changed and potentially mods knows something about it or can forward the feedback maybe.. 

The forum has been updated. Its a vanilla template that comes out of the box. A few changes can be made to make the fonts on the menu better. Give us some time to get through this stuff. at the moment everything works as it should. Aesthetics can be tinkered with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerFish said:

Has the update broken Tapatalk support?

the club has its own App which is similar to Tapatalk. I have applied for approval and once this has been done i will send details on how to get it. 

51 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I have not blamed anyone Steve.I turned to the Mods for assistance.

If there is someone we can turn to for assistance in future, then please let us know.

52 minutes ago, Steve said:

at the moment everything works as it should.

I'm sorry Steve but I have to question that.

This is still the ONLY board that I'm a member of that doesn't have post numbering - are we likely to get that with this new update?

• Like 1

I like that the thread originator is now identified by the 'Author' icon top right of their posts within the thread 👍

As has been mention a number of times, post numbering would be very welcome. So much easier to reference and follow. Pretty please? 🙏

2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I like that the thread originator is now identified by the 'Author' icon top right of their posts within the thread 👍

As has been mention a number of times, post numbering would be very welcome. So much easier to reference and follow. Pretty please? 🙏

I do not recall that being asked for Peter, but if it has been requested then good news for the requestor.

You, Herbie and I have received no responses whatsoever from Mods to repeated requests we have made for the sequential numbering of contributions within each thread.

I did however receive an acknowledgement of sorts from a Steve, I think, within last two weeks when he told me that an update was in the wings and it might include the introduction of sequential numbering. We shall see.

It would be helpful if someone in authority can give advance notice of proposed updates to the Forum.

Mods will not have anything to do with forum updates or function/format requests, they are at the 'mercy' of the forum administrators just as we are.

I don't think we should hold them responsible for such things. The 'Contact Us' link at the foot of each page is probably the correct route for formal requests as I doubt the Admins have much time for reading through all the threads.

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Mods will not have anything to do with forum updates or function/format requests, they are at the 'mercy' of the forum administrators just as we are.

I don't think we should hold them responsible for such things. The 'Contact Us' link at the foot of each page is probably the correct route for formal requests as I doubt the Admins have much time for reading through all the threads.

Last time I used the link,I did nor receive any response.

12 hours ago, Herbie said:

I'm sorry Steve but I have to question that.

This is still the ONLY board that I'm a member of that doesn't have post numbering - are we likely to get that with this new update?

Post numbering does not affect the usability? It is still the same as it was yesterday morning

I am looking in to post numbers

11 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I do not recall that being asked for Peter, but if it has been requested then good news for the requestor.

You, Herbie and I have received no responses whatsoever from Mods to repeated requests we have made for the sequential numbering of contributions within each thread.

I did however receive an acknowledgement of sorts from a Steve, I think, within last two weeks when he told me that an update was in the wings and it might include the introduction of sequential numbering. We shall see.

It would be helpful if someone in authority can give advance notice of proposed updates to the Forum.

Nothing that has been added is "Requested" this is an update (a major one at that) and new features are added. I did not code the software or template. This is stright out the box. We go along with the updates for various reasons, one being security and progression. 

• Like 1