Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What has happened to the Forum ?

2 minutes ago, Steve said:

Nothing that has been added is "Requested" this is an update (a major one at that) and new features are added. I did not code the software or template. This is stright out the box. We go along with the updates for various reasons, one being security and progression. 

Noted and thank you.

What is the line of communication from we Members to whoever is responsible for the content and presentation of the Forum Steve?

29 minutes ago, Steve said:

i am the person who does the updates.

Well;

1. Are you the person who has not been able to incorporate requests for the introduction of sequential numbering of contributions and failed to keep us updated on progress or otherwise ?

2. Why wasn`t the large update which is currently taking place notified to us Members beforehand? Courtesy is a requirement of Membership for us!

3. Why wasn`t it carried out at times of minimal Membership activity ?

4. Some of us (me more so than many ) have passed our years of allocated life (three score years and ten) and to be suddenly faced/ surprised by the appearance of screens which are materially different (to us) leads us to challenge our abilities to see and comprehend.Is my vision going? is my brain telling me something? am I having another stroke ?--you get the message Steve.

If these questions have been unfairly addressed to you, then please pass them to the appropriate person and tell us who that person is and how he/she may be contacted.

I would not be surprised if the existence of CV-19 appeared somewhere within responses, but virus` do not normally encroach upon common sense and courtesy.

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Well;

1. Are you the person who has not been able to incorporate requests for the introduction of sequential numbering of contributions and failed to keep us updated on progress or otherwise ?

2. Why wasn`t the large update which is currently taking place notified to us Members beforehand? Courtesy is a requirement of Membership for us!

3. Why wasn`t it carried out at times of minimal Membership activity ?

4. Some of us (me more so than many ) have passed our years of allocated life (three score years and ten) and to be suddenly faced/ surprised by the appearance of screens which are materially different (to us) leads us to challenge our abilities to see and comprehend.Is my vision going? is my brain telling me something? am I having another stroke ?--you get the message Steve.

If these questions have been unfairly addressed to you, then please pass them to the appropriate person and tell us who that person is and how he/she may be contacted.

I would not be surprised if the existence of CV-19 appeared somewhere within responses, but virus` do not normally encroach upon common sense and courtesy.

Not sure who you think I am John? I also think you have a cheek to dictate when i should update the site. I am not going to sit here at 2am to do a 20 min job. The site was closed for 20-30 mins. Job done. I am sure many went on with lives, made a coffee, fed the cat etc. I have been updating this site for 20 years and i can tell you, there is no perfect time. Just get on with it. 

I will update the site to ensure the security of the site is up to date and it will be done at any time. It's not me thats changing parts of the software, but I think its' progression is great.

There is also no perfect way of telling everyone, not everyone gets the message John, but still a few are unhappy, but they soon get used to it. The site is perfectly usable (probably 90% of its is the exact same) and for some reason you feel the need to have me personally tell you that i have updated the site or get you permission.

I will advise you that once in a blue moon things happen, either server throws a wobbly, or the site is being updated. If this is the case, come back later, i can assure you it will be fixed.

This thread is now closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Post numbering does not affect the usability?

You sure?

Try finding Post No. 17,638 in the topic "Word Association Game" without it and tell me how easy it was :wink1:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links