Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

He has another car for sale and I'd really like to say what a beauty! With any other seller I would but I wouldn't chance it with his reputaion!

Either way, what a lovely car!

TOYOTA CROWN 2.5 V6 JDM IMPORT 49K MLS 6 SPD LEXUS IS GS LS SC 250 300 400 430 | eBay

36 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

She does look superb.Same engine as My GS.

Agreed, a lovely looking very rare car in the UK, but buying from this man is a risky dangerous business.

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Very interesting. I can't understand why it sold for so little. In fact, had I seen the original ad at 3.5k it would probably be on my drive now!

• Like 1

You you do have to wonder why somebody would import this car in March and spend money changing springs and exhaust and then take just 3.5K for it. Present seller has bought cheap and will probably get near 5K if all checks out as looks great and still a very nice car that would grace any drive.

So many people are feeling the strain at the moment. Sale may have been forced.

Anyhoo, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out how misunderstood lexuschap/funinthesun is... :dry:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Barry14UK said:

You you do have to wonder why somebody would import this car in March and spend money changing springs and exhaust and then take just 3.5K for it. Present seller has bought cheap and will probably get near 5K if all checks out as looks great and still a very nice car that would grace any drive.

That's what I thought, surely you'd expect to make decent money importing a car!

perhaps this specific car has suffered from the nuclear issues that they had a while back .......  does it glow in the dark I wonder

does anyone check the cars for that now ?

Malc

• Like 1

He's selling another ls400 on eBay, here is a link to the original ad which was on market place https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/444047853436599/?ref=facebook_story_share

Look how much profit lexuschap is making, obviously he got it cheaper than £1400

Screenshot_20201218-073810.png

Screenshot_20201218-074212.png

• Like 1

Well the previous owner has mesg me saying, he didn't even know the cambelt was done on it, he also said it doesn't have much history, he's not an old boy as lexuschap makes him out to be, he said the brakes are no good at all, it has alot of rust underneath, and it has a blow coming from the manifold, he said there's other stuff wrong with it, but this guy isn't telling anyone about it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, messi said:

Well the previous owner has mesg me saying, he didn't even know the cambelt was done on it, he also said it doesn't have much history, he's not an old boy as lexuschap makes him out to be, he said the brakes are no good at all, it has alot of rust underneath, and it has a blow coming from the manifold, he said there's other stuff wrong with it, but this guy isn't telling anyone about it. 

I'm afraid the used car market is possibly the most dodgy venture a person could embark on.  I part exchanged my GS300 to buy my Celsior (a GS that really I should have kept) and it appeared on eBay two weeks ago saying it was owned by a very wealthy gentleman.  That certainly wasn't me so it couldn't have been owned by a wealthy gentleman for long but the suggestion was he spared no expense etc etc!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

I'm afraid the used car market is possibly the most dodgy venture a person could embark on.  I part exchanged my GS300 to buy my Celsior (a GS that really I should have kept) and it appeared on eBay two weeks ago saying it was owned by a very wealthy gentleman.  That certainly wasn't me so it couldn't have been owned by a wealthy gentleman for long but the suggestion was he spared no expense etc etc!

When I bought mine the dealer said they had picked it up from the owner's underground car park in Central London. I looked up the address on Google Maps. The road ran off Grosvenor Square, and on StreetView it was the only house that didn't have an Embassy flag on it. No wonder he could afford to get it serviced by Lexus Park Lane every year!

Jon

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 10:29 PM, jonthetourist said:

When I bought mine the dealer said they had picked it up from the owner's underground car park in Central London. I looked up the address on Google Maps. The road ran off Grosvenor Square, and on StreetView it was the only house that didn't have an Embassy flag on it. No wonder he could afford to get it serviced by Lexus Park Lane every year!

Jon

Classy! A single underground carpark in that area is worth more than my house!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

"Classy! A single underground carpark in that area is worth more than my house!"

You lucky b****** living in a  Dukedom.You wanna try bumming it around upnorf pal where Herbs and I have to endure the real pains of livin !

I blame the parents!  I grew up and lived in "The royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea" which all sounds very posh but my parents sold their house there for a measly 150k, two years ago it sold for 1.5 million.  As I say, I blame the parents, why didn't mine live there longer!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, The-Acre said:

I blame the parents!  I grew up and lived in "The royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea" which all sounds very posh but my parents sold their house there for a measly 150k, two years ago it sold for 1.5 million.  As I say, I blame the parents, why didn't mine live there longer!!

Funny! Sorry you missed out on moving to Monacco! I'm sure I'm a snob, I never look at eBay for cars. Autotrader's fine. pistonheads' sellers think their steeds are worth too much - or don't really want want to sell and are reacting to domestic pressure, as in "why do you need 2 cars, you can only drive one at a time?". 

• Like 1

I think that if one is in the market to buy a used Lexus then if possible,  THIS IS THE PLACE to buy one from an existing Member who sadly has to sell his beloved steed

Malc

• Like 3

On 12/18/2020 at 7:55 PM, The-Acre said:

Has the second hand market been any different? I can remember buying my 1st ever car an E93A ford Prefect in the 60s  within the first couple of weeks the big ends were banging so  hard my mum wouldn't go in the car. When we took the engine out and opened it up we found that someone had packed the interior  of the engine with grease. I wondered why there was such a strange smell in the car. We put another engine in it and I ran it for a year. When I sold it I told the truth about the car and I had sold it in a few days.

• Like 3

Not much on fleabay presently but this 98,000 example which the seller admits may be inaccurate ( 300,000 miles is closer) and it has had most of the front suspension replaced including dodgy UCAs with crumbling rubber ball joint boots looking at the MOT history.

Finding a genuine good example gets harder by the day.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-400/133598391800?hash=item1f1b15adf8:g:ldwAAOSwQrpfzMdl

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Not much on fleabay presently but this 98,000 example which the seller admits may be inaccurate ( 300,000 miles is closer) and it has had most of the front suspension replaced including dodgy UCAs with crumbling rubber ball joint boots looking at the MOT history.

Finding a genuine good example gets harder by the day.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-400/133598391800?hash=item1f1b15adf8:g:ldwAAOSwQrpfzMdl

That's one of the longest mot failure/advisory lists I've ever seen!

• Like 1

Sublime to the Minimalist. Subject to HPI & viewing/test-drive, a Twizy being delivered (charges in 3.5hours from its built-in 13Amp socket, for 60 miles range). AND keep the elegant SC430 and the stupendous GS450h. AND the ever-so-sensible Touareg.

• Like 1