Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car fuel and emissions information

In an idle moment recently I downloaded the latest car fuel and emissions information spreadsheet from the VCA at

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/downloads/default.aspx

Dearly though I love my NX, this confirmed what many here have noted over the last couple of years: the current NX drivetrain is inefficient and not as green as we might have liked to think.  Particularly interesting that the RX, despite its weight and power, achieves very similar WLTP CO2 emissions and fuel consumption figures. The new TNGA-based RAV4 performs much better.  The NX's aesthetics still look crisp and fresh (I hope Lexus don't mess up the next generation, or tone it down), but underneath it's showing its age.

12 hours ago, Martin J said:

In an idle moment recently I downloaded the latest car fuel and emissions information spreadsheet from the VCA at

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/downloads/default.aspx

Dearly though I love my NX, this confirmed what many here have noted over the last couple of years: the current NX drivetrain is inefficient and not as green as we might have liked to think.  Particularly interesting that the RX, despite its weight and power, achieves very similar WLTP CO2 emissions and fuel consumption figures. The new TNGA-based RAV4 performs much better.  The NX's aesthetics still look crisp and fresh (I hope Lexus don't mess up the next generation, or tone it down), but underneath it's showing its age.

Undoubtedly spot on. Looks need to be kept for the next gen, perhaps even crisper, but the drivetrain needs a nice more-performance, better-economy improvement as per RAV4. I have no doubt this is exactly what it will get! 🙂

On 12/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, GS300h2014 said:

Honest John's real mpg figures:

NX 300h   37.8 mpg,      RX 450h   34.0 mpg,      RAV4 Hybrid 4WD  47.7mpg

^^ I get slightly above that for the NX - 39-41mpg most of the time - but got slightly below that when I had the latest RX for three months. On the motorway at the legal speed limit I struggled to get the RX above 30mpg whereas the NX manages 35mpg in the same situation.

However, the real killer stat is that for the latest RAV4. Now that Toyota have done thorough user testing on the new platform they can drop it into a Lexus...😂

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, GS300h2014 said:

Honest John's real mpg figures:

NX 300h   37.8 mpg,      RX 450h   34.0 mpg,      RAV4 Hybrid 4WD  47.7mpg

Sorry, not familiar with the specs of newer cars ........ is the engine in the RAV4 Hybrid the 2.0 litre petrol like the Corolla to get these figures?

On 12/11/2020 at 10:57 AM, Spacewagon52 said:

Sorry, not familiar with the specs of newer cars ........ is the engine in the RAV4 Hybrid the 2.0 litre petrol like the Corolla to get these figures?

No it's still a 2.5L. Presume a combo of a larger Battery, lighter weight and changes to the hybrid system help.

• Thanks 1