Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Switch to F Sport?

Hi all

I own a 2014 IS300h Executive

A colleague of mine in another part of the country has an F Sport and raves about it. I know nothing about the F Sport or its differences versus the Executive

Would there be any benefits to switching? What does the F Sport do differently/better?

Thank you

Some say suspension is harsher, but I would say that is more to do with larger wheels than suspension itself. Suspension is certainly electronically adjustable which can be set higher for better handling.

They may have slightly different details in interior and some small option, but overall not much... same engine, same gearbox (was the sport+ mode only available on F-Sport?)...

BUT there is party trick - after seeing it, it cannot be unseen and I could not accept anything else but F-sport trim for this reason alone:

lc-dash.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Some say suspension is harsher, but I would say that is more to do with larger wheels than suspension itself. Suspension is certainly electronically adjustable which can be set higher for better handling.

They may have slightly different details in interior and some small option, but overall not much... same engine, same gearbox (was the sport+ mode only available on F-Sport?)...

BUT there is party trick - after seeing it, it cannot be unseen and I could not accept anything else but F-sport trim for this reason alone:

lc-dash.gif

Suspension is only adjustable if the adjustable suspension option is fitted. Mine doesn't have it. I would agree about the ride. Coming from a nice wafty IS250 SE-L on 17's, the 18's on the F Sport give a noticeably choppier ride over lumps and bumps where various types have dug holes in the road.

Linas is right about the party trick though. When the salesman showed me that, I instinctively reached for my wallet.

• Like 2

The F Sport models benefit from adjustments to the front and rear suspension and the electric power steering to enhance handling without compromising ride quality. 
I own an F Sport, and find the ride quality is fine. Bought mine as I like the front look and the party trick as @Linas.P mentioned, is something else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

Linas is right about the party trick though. When the salesman showed me that, I instinctively reached for my wallet.

That made me laugh. It is a neat trick though I must admit. 

15 hours ago, Linas.P said:

can be set higher for better handling.

It meant to say harder/stiffer. As well I tend to believe the shocks are the same leverages if you have adjustment or not- I had done some digging and depending on the year premier/takumi has same shocks as well and for later years electronically adjustable dampers seems to be standard.

The trick in itself is nice, but it is important to consider alternative - if you don't get F-Sport digital dash then standard dials are really boring and dated looking which in my opinion just brings down overall experience with the car. When you have digital dash, then interior kind of matches exterior more (otherwise it is like 2013 outside and 2003 inside).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

As a proffesionle pruf reeder I am ashaymed off yew kind Sir !

His standards are slipping a bit. I’m ashamed too. I expected better of Linas 😀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, paulrnx said:

That sounds like an excuse Linas 😂

...and based on the customs here I have to call you a **** and opinionated I guess?! 😁 Nah... you will need to try harder.

Some people just likes to take offence, that is all... I don't... I would really need to go out of your way to offend me. 

Just now, Mincey said:

Can we just have a group hug and make up ? It is nearly Christmas after all... 🙂

Thanks James, I was trying to find a form of of words that might assist in this embryonic nuclear situation.

Life is funny,I feel that I relate well to both Linas and Paul, so on the basis of "my friend is your enemy", I have already played the wrong card !

Anyway, Linas is young enough to be tough enough to continue to dispense his many words of wisdom (albeit it a laboured form sometimes) and Paul is old enough to step back and have a giggle at a situation which is from the outside simmering, so in the immortal words of SPACEWAGON 52 when I meet them both "I will buy each of them a pint!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Linas.P said:

...and based on the customs here I have to call you a **** and opinionated I guess?! 😁 Nah... you will need to try harder.

Some people just likes to take offence, that is all... I don't... I would really need to go out of your way to offend me. 

It was a joke

6 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks James, I was trying to find a form of of words that might assist in this embryonic nuclear situation.

Life is funny,I feel that I relate well to both Linas and Paul, so on the basis of "my friend is your enemy", I have already played the wrong card !

Anyway, Linas is young enough to be tough enough to continue to dispense his many words of wisdom (albeit it a laboured form sometimes) and Paul is old enough to step back and have a giggle at a situation which is from the outside simmering, so in the immortal words of SPACEWAGON 52 when I meet them both "I will buy each of them a pint!"

It was a joke. I used an emoji to show it was a joke too

Just now, paulrnx said:

Bit of a ridiculous overreaction if you ask me. To be fair there isn’t that much fun on here, it’s all a bit too serious and sensitive.

We live and learn Paul, Each to their own,One mans meat,etc.

You are a good contributor and have much to offer.

I for one do not understand emoji`s.

If you choose to leave, then go quickly. I would certainly want you to stay however and understand the varied styles of contributors and find your niche.

Best wishes.

Just now, royoftherovers said:

We live and learn Paul, Each to their own,One mans meat,etc.

You are a good contributor and have much to offer.

I for one do not understand emoji`s.

If you choose to leave, then go quickly. I would certainly want you to stay however and understand the varied styles of contributors and find your niche.

Best wishes.

Why do you think I’m leaving?

Just now, paulrnx said:

Why do you think I’m leaving?

Bit of a ridiculous overreaction if you ask me. To be fair there isn’t that much fun on here, it’s all a bit too serious and sensitive.

If I have  read more into that than you intended Paul, then I`m sorry and delighted that you are staying.

Onwards and upwards, as they say..