Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

new What Has happened to this Forum style etc

Everyone .....  very unfair to just close us all down methinks 😷

I for one find the changes far less easy on the eyes and concentration ...........  taking a back-step to the recent past styles and typeface, colours etc would be a good and sound move please

Malc

Just now, runsgrateasanut said:

The main thing is that each page is now secure to log in to -   https  - which before had a risk factor but don't ask me to explain

https has been here for at least 2 years. Not sure where you were not getting that as It was tested. At least that is now fixed if it was an issue.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, Steve said:

https has been here for at least 2 years. Not sure where you were not getting that as It was tested. At least that is now fixed if it was an issue.

Perhaps its because I have always logged on via a "Bookmark" and that was created more than two years ago? Beyond my knowledge to otherwise guess.

On the subject of change I would like to suggest an idea for any future revision.

I am also a member of the Mercedes Benz Club and on their forum I am directed to the last post read by me under a particular topic instead of the first. It seems a small detail, but it is very convenient.

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Pete, you will have to help me out.What red spot, exactly where please?

The only Red Spot I can see is on the 5th Planet from the Sun !

Click on the 'Latest Posts' link in the top menu (in the red bar just below the forum header)

In the list of threads displayed there will be small red dots to the left of each thread title. If you have posted in that thread it will actually be a small red star instead. If you have never read the thread before you'll go to the first post, otherwise you'll go to the first post posted since your last visit.

If you hover the cursor over the dot it will say what it is.

ETA - you can change the criteria for the unread content using the options shown top of the list. Things like the time period, threads you have posted in etc..

Just now, NemesisUK said:

Click on the 'Latest Posts' link in the top menu (in the red bar just below the forum header)

In the list of threads displayed there will be small red dots to the left of each thread title. If you have posted in that thread it will actually be a small red star instead. If you have never read the thread before you'll go to the first post, otherwise you'll go to the first post posted since your last visit.

If you hover the cursor over the dot it will say what it is.

ETA - you can change the criteria for the unread content using the options shown top of the list. Things like the time period, threads you have posted in etc..

Thanks Pete.All sorted.We live and learn.

• Like 1