Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afs off light is on permanently

Looking for some help and advice regarding afs off problem. 

My wife's 05 rx300 afs off light has come on and will not go off again. She said it started flashing but not in a rhythm just a bit randomly, now it is on permanently. I've checked the levelling sensor is all still in 1 piece and tried the button on the dash which doesn't make any difference. The lights still do the dance on start up. 

Any suggestions on where to look next would be really appreciated as I can't find anything about the light being on but not flashing. 

If the mechanical linkage is alright it's probably an electrical fault in the sensor itself or the connectors.

Try cleaning the connectors first as it's the easiest job but if that doesn't work, take off the sensor and open it up to see what it's like inside.

If it's beyond repair eBay have them for just under £24 here.

P.S. When someone says they have a 2005 RX300 I'm always curious if it's my old one, GY05 HVK.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 12:27 PM, Wally2702 said:

Looking for some help and advice regarding afs off problem. 

My wife's 05 rx300 afs off light has come on and will not go off again. She said it started flashing but not in a rhythm just a bit randomly, now it is on permanently. I've checked the levelling sensor is all still in 1 piece and tried the button on the dash which doesn't make any difference. The lights still do the dance on start up. 

Any suggestions on where to look next would be really appreciated as I can't find anything about the light being on but not flashing. 

Hi James

I had this problem after some (a lot of really) accident damage.  The repairers had not put the cable in its clip and when the new head lamp was fitted.  They spent months trying to sort it out - one Lexus dealer wanted to charge me £1000 for a new head lamp (I don't go there anymore); it took Coventry Lexus 5 mins 🙂 to. fix - great service.

I found the AFS light was off on start up and if the lights were off - as soon as the lights came on and I came to a corner the lights steered, jammed the motor, the head lamps recentered and the AFS light came on.  The body shop just reset the fault but were never able to test it properly - I was in a loan car for ages and decided to go to the dealer where they bought their spares from (with the body shops blessing) and get it fixed.  Driving a diesel loan truck was plenty of motivation.

I decided crashing my car and wiping out the front end is a bad idea.

Bren

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links