Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Look at the Lexus IS300H

On 12/16/2020 at 11:39 PM, Ala Larj said:

However, if you can get a premier with adaptive suspension it is certainly no slouch on winding b roads.

Premier or F Sport for AVS 😉

Although, I don't actually remember the last time I used the Sport mode as most of my driving is in town or motorway when it wouldn't make much difference.  Still nice to have the option though.

I know it is not strictly a like for like comparison, but one thing the GS has over the IS is the ability to have it with the 3.5 V6 engine. I get what I believe is a reasonable 37-40mpg out of mine and there is simply no comparison performance wise.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Premier or F Sport for AVS 😉

Although, I don't actually remember the last time I used the Sport mode as most of my driving is in town or motorway when it wouldn't make much difference.  Still nice to have the option though.

I know it is not strictly a like for like comparison, but one thing the GS has over the IS is the ability to have it with the 3.5 V6 engine. I get what I believe is a reasonable 37-40mpg out of mine and there is simply no comparison performance wise.

That's excellent efficiency Shahpor - most especially when I'm averaging 40MPG with my IS300H ...

8 hours ago, route66 said:

I wouldn't have thought it would have been quicker: Same engine & powertrain but more weight?

That’s what I couldn’t work out. Same drivetrain agreed but it definitely felt faster.

8 hours ago, route66 said:

That's excellent efficiency Shahpor - most especially when I'm averaging 40MPG with my IS300H ...

Well, doing 50 miles a day on the motorway does help, but still the average is very good considering the size of the engine 🙂

On 12/16/2020 at 3:29 PM, Joe43 said:

Good to hear Stuart, just agreed to buy one today and would love to keep it for the next 5 years.

Had another test drive this time in a 2015 IS300 Advance 50,000 in Mercury Grey loved it and bought it. Will be collecting on Monday.

Early Christmas pressie from me to me hoping to enjoy a few years motoring in it.

Look forward to hearing about it when you pick it up. Photos are obligatory please 😀

• Like 1

Hi Joe

having the test drive was the worst thing you could of done 

as you know you'll be spending money afterwards 🙂,

buying the car you've just test driven

enjoy your new car when you collect it.

Hehe it does cost to change cars and I will take that on the chin. Hoping the Lexus will justify the outlay, I've done plenty of research and want it for the mid to long term offering trouble free stylish motoring.

Had the Auris just short of 3 years only having to replace 4 tyres plus servicing/MOT can't fault that and if the Lexus matches that then happy days.

Thanks for all the comments and guidance, yes I will load photos up when I can.

a couple of years ago i took our Auris hybrid to lexus liverpool to have its mot 

as it saved me £15, by the time the mot was done

i unexpectedly spent £29k on an 11 month old 17 plate IS300h F sport ,

i only asked what the options where on my pcp that would end in 6mth's

i think the purchace more than out weighed the £15 saving i would of been making.

• Like 1

Now the proud owner of a Lexus IS300h 2015 in charcoal grey looking the business on the drive. Handover very smooth and professional added bonus of just under half a tank of petrol. Too dull and drizzly to take any photos but they will be coming.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joe43 said:

Now the proud owner of a Lexus IS300h 2015 in charcoal grey looking the business on the drive. Handover very smooth and professional added bonus of just under half a tank of petrol. Too dull and drizzly to take any photos but they will be coming.

Congratulations Joe.Hand over from where ?

Yes I can't fault the handover, they gave the car a full 60,000 service and valet.   Paperwork went without any problems,  car was sat indoors ready for a good run down of controls walking through the sat nav, drive modes etc even taking time to synchronise my phone.

They have a neat trick where your car is behind a two-way mirrored wall, when paperwork is finished the mirror changes allowing you to see your car in the bay. Neat little touches which give a feelgood factor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe43 said:

Yes I can't fault the handover, they gave the car a full 60,000 service and valet.   Paperwork went without any problems,  car was sat indoors ready for a good run down of controls walking through the sat nav, drive modes etc even taking time to synchronise my phone.

They have a neat trick where your car is behind a two-way mirrored wall, when paperwork is finished the mirror changes allowing you to see your car in the bay. Neat little touches which give a feelgood factor.

Thanks Joe, sounds like excellent service.

Seems that had you bought a new VW ID thingie, the two -way mirror would not have worked and required a software update, ha,ha 

11 hours ago, 200h said:

so John who's in the lead for lexus dealership of the year awards 2020

Morning Mark.

As I`ve said on 3 occasions a league table whilst sounding a neat idea, would not be fair for many reasons.

Population density differences and unwillingness to name and/or shame, being two.

What we can say is that in very general terms, the smaller Motor Groups seem to try harder and the larger ones, less so.

Motorline Group (7 orgs)rarely attract praise and Border Group (Carlisle only) seem consistently poor. The Dealerships at Sheffield, Hedge End and Hull have been identified as consistently good.

I think that JeffL will now continue the monitoring process as I have passed Dealership Locations over to him.

Have as pleasant a Christmas and New Year, as possible.

• Thanks 1

good looking car Joe43

but thats not a surprise really as lexus make good looking saloon cars,

enjoy your new car the longer you own her the more you'll like her

go and have a nice long drive and get a good feel for the lexus

• Like 1

I've had my F Sport IS for a year now and I'm still impressed every time I so much as look at it. It's super smooth, powerful enough for any road these days and the economy is better than my previous Honda Civic 1.8. I've given lifts to Mercedes and BMW owners and they've all got out with a sheepish look on their faces. 

I'll never regret buying mine and I hope it runs forever, which it probably will. 

• Like 1

Thanks fellas.

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the parking assist, it came on when parking but has stayed on ever since.

Hope you all have as good a Christmas as possible.

Park assist button is on the right hand side of the dash at knee level, marked P.  If it’s on the green light is on the dash. However it should not make a noise all the time. Maybe a sensor needs a clean. 

Have a great Christmas and stay safe. 

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links