Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post a letter?

Spacewagon52

"Damn! I forgot to post Vanessa's card! Hope she gets it in time if I post it?" exclaimed my wife today. 

"How much is it to post?" I asked.

"76p first class."

"We will deliver it ourselves!"

"But that is a 15 mile round trip! That will cost........... over 76p!"

"Yes dear, but we will be going in a Lexus!"

AND SO WE WILL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Spacewagon52 said:

"Damn! I forgot to post Vanessa's card! Hope she gets it in time if I post it?" exclaimed my wife today. 

"How much is it to post?" I asked.

"76p first class."

"We will deliver it ourselves!"

"But that is a 15 mile round trip! That will cost........... over 76p!"

"Yes dear, but we will be going in a Lexus!"

AND SO WE WILL!

Will she take one Lexus while you take the other?

There was a time around 1970, young Davey, when 76p, meant 15 shillings and 2 pence.Now, that was a King`s ransom. We could go out, spend relatively freely,buy fish and chips on the way home and still have  two and a half pennies left.  (slight exaggeration for the sake of emphasis)

All without using a Credit Card !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Will she take one Lexus while you take the other?

There was a time around 1970, young Davey, when 76p, meant 15 shillings and 2 pence.Now, that was a King`s ransom. We could go out, spend relatively freely,buy fish and chips on the way home and still have  two and a half pennies left.  (slight exaggeration for the sake of emphasis)

All without using a Credit Card !

^^ I remember the days when you could go out, have a slap up meal, catch botulism, die, have a really good funeral...and STILL have change out of half a crown...😉

Ah John  nostalgia its not what it used to be!!  I also look back on the old days money wise ,the bad news is from January the !st class stamp will set you back 85p ( 17 shillings )  how much longer will we be posting letters?

Dave

Just now, true blue said:

how much longer will we be posting letters?

and latest from Royal Mail is that it's busier than ever and that's why post is taking so long at this festive time !

gave a fiver, yes £5 to my gf to airmail post 3 small Xmas cards, 2 to Australia and one to Singapore 

I owe her 10p .....  £1.70 each 😵

Malc

Just now, true blue said:

Ah John  nostalgia its not what it used to be!!  I also look back on the old days money wise ,the bad news is from January the !st class stamp will set you back 85p ( 17 shillings )  how much longer will we be posting letters?

Dave

Nice to meet you Dave--have met conversed previously?

I`m sure I read somewhere that First Class was going to 99p in the near future...or is my love of Rioja overwhelming me again ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

^^ I remember the days when you could go out, have a slap up meal, catch botulism, die, have a really good funeral...and STILL have change out of half a crown...😉

I`ve just split my pre-dinner Scotch reading that Ed !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, true blue said:

Dave

Lads,  I am afraid we have turned into our parents!

My father was appalled when the parking went up to 50p!  "That's 10 Bob! Criminal that is!"

i