Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where is the setting to enable/disable automatic rear wiper engaging when reversing?

I swear I saw this setting in the car menus or in the Carista customization app once but I can't find it anymore anywhere. The rear wiper stopped engaging automatically when reversing (while front wipers are ON) and I don't know why. Are you able to toggle this setting and how?

1 minute ago, rexleonis said:

I swear I saw this setting in the car menus or in the Carista customization app once but I can't find it anymore anywhere. The rear wiper stopped engaging automatically when reversing (while front wipers are ON) and I don't know why. Are you able to toggle this setting and how?

Peter, have you tried;

Handbook

Google

Youtube

Dealer?

Do your rear wipers turn ON when reversing? The prerequisite of course is that it rains and your automatic front wipers ON. Or maybe pour some water over the rains sensor to engage the front wipers and then engage reverse... Thanks 

Thanks.

Yeah, Škoda Skala has it as well...

I must've been dreaming then. I could swear I had this function on my NX. Would be great if anybody else could confirm that I've been dreaming... 

I’ve had a few cars that do it...but neither my 2017 NX Sport nor my current NX Luxury have this function. It’s a bit of an odd omission tbh, along with the mirror dip in reverse only being available on cars with memory seats. Neither of my Honda CR-Vs even had powered seats, but both did the wiper when reversing and the mirror dipping.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

I’ve had a few cars that do it...but neither my 2017 NX Sport nor my current NX Luxury have this function. It’s a bit of an odd omission tbh, along with the mirror dip in reverse only being available on cars with memory seats. Neither of my Honda CR-Vs even had powered seats, but both did the wiper when reversing and the mirror dipping.

My 2018 nx f-sport does not have memory seats but mirrors do dip when reverse selected. Think mirror auto switch has to be in centre position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eggie said:

My 2018 nx f-sport does not have memory seats but mirrors do dip when reverse selected. Think mirror auto switch has to be in centre position.

^^ It certainly isn’t available on the Luxury model regardless of where the mirror switch is. Had been informed by Lexus that it was only available for vehicles with memory seats...so if that isn’t the case, it must be possible, assume just not enabled.