Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have recently aquired a 2006 400h, which has screens in the headrests. Where abouts is the DVD player to put disks in ? - Also it has a removeable towbar, which has been removed. Do they have a standard place to store it ?  - Again can't find it !

11 minutes ago, Russell Wheeler said:

I have recently aquired a 2006 400h, which has screens in the headrests. Where abouts is the DVD player to put disks in ? - Also it has a removeable towbar, which has been removed. Do they have a standard place to store it ?  - Again can't find it !

Did you receive a Handbook with the car Russ?

2 minutes ago, Russell Wheeler said:

I do have a handbook, it doesn't say !

Have a read of this and see if it helps.Rxowners will see this thread and assist shortly Russ.

https://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/79108-lexus-rx400h-2006-problem-with-dvd-player/

• Like 1

I was aware that some of the earlier models had a cd multichanger under the seats but didn't know that served dvd for the head set screens.   It might be helpful to find the make of the headsets and check whether details are still available.

I have the screens in the back of my 2015 RX450h.  These are 'Rosen' and appear to be a factory fitting.  A disc has to be put into the headset as was demonstrated to me when I bought the car.  I found the headphones and remote controller stored within the pull down central rear arm rest.  I don't use them but they will stay with the car.

• Like 2

The unit under the drivers seat is DVD but plays a single CD also, I believe fitted by Lexus in the UK on SE-L models, I had to replace my DVD unit as faulty, it had Lexus sticker on the front of the metal drop down cover, as did the screens but were third party supplied with no manufacturer details on unit, this also had a remote control and a a pair of headphones.

• Like 2

Hi   Russell the DVD player is under the drivers seat, access from the rear, pulldown flap then you will see the DVD player - excellent thanks, weird that the handbook does not say where it is ! - Now to see if my son (who will use it can coax it into life - it has wireless headsets and a remote control)