Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To be honest i dont know where to start but here i go.....2 weeks ago i took my car to a local garage where i live in Garston for an MOT,to my horror it failed on front n/s caliper and o/s/r top wish bone.Ok not a problem because ive got it booked in for a full service the following week i thought i would ask lexus to do these items so it would pass the Re test..The car went in for service as planned and i showed them the failiure sheet and that 2 items need replacing for a re test.The manager said we will give it a good going over and we will give a 2nd opinnion.They called me later and said these items do need replacing and olso kindly pointed out some other things that will be required in the near future.Ok i said do the things that need doing so it will pass the re test,simple!!!NOT....I took the car for re test this morning and guess what ...it failed...Why ???well lexus have only replaced the wrong bloody side wish bone which cost me £360.I have decided to cut out the service manager who seems very incompetent and demand to see the top guy in that place,thing is have i gone high enough,will they fob me off,i really dont know what to do.or say.and im still without an mot and no free re test because the 2 weeks is up.Please please could someone give me as much advice as possible and what rites do i have,what action should i take.THANKS KELL

i posted a comment a couple days back about the survey where lexus dealers appeared to come out very well, however, it was only in their relationship with Lexus GB. i still feel that the relationship between customer and franchisee needs to be worked upon. i can't see that your lexus dealer has a leg to stand on, and i guess the MD (probably the owner of the franchise) will realise this.

I must say ive not seen any one yet,i called them earlyer and demanded to speak to the top man,He is not in till monday came the reply and asked what is the problem??I didnt say,just that im not happy with somthing.He's to call me on monday...KELL

Hiya dude

Right man its all sweet... Just tell the top man that you are unhappy the other dudes you spoke to and was looking to chat with someone with a bit of power... and you would like to have him rectifiy the situation... Explain that you left the sheet with them and its simple they replaced the wrong side... also explain that this has been a handlen for you as you have more important things that you could be spending the short time you do have on this earth doing... So i expect that this problem will be rectified promptly and at no additional cost to me...

If you really want to throw the boot in tell him that you find it inconcievable that they replaced a perfectly working wishbone... then ask him are you letting apprentices work on my luxury vechicle as i read that Merc only have qualified techs work on customers vechicles... blahblahblah Is this the standard i can expect when i bring my car in for the next service....

With Thanks

Ok,I didnt get a call back til 2pm from the man at the top and in any case i was busy.So i called them back half an hour later and was told he was in a MEETING....MMMMM,arnt they always!!!!So i turned up on their doorstep and demanded to see him.Well he admitted it was their blunder and it would be rectified on wednesday so was all going well...Not until he asked me have i still got the old wish bone <which i took home>i always ask for the old parts back.I asked what he wanted it for,he said he was considering putting the old part back on.Well that just got me all wound up,i said no way you dont have my permission to do that,its your fault so get lost.He still insists i bring it with me on wednesday.I asked him would they do the MOT when the job is done,he said no and that they wouldnt pass it.IM confused.The car failed on one caliper<they replaced that>and one wishbone<they will have replaced the pair by wednesday>so i dont know why they would fail it he couldnt give me a reason..I thought i would ask about compo for the loss of use of my car for 5 days and all the messing around and waisting of my time.I am a Driving instructor and had to cancel driving lessons to sort this out.He asked what would i like,i said next service to be free.You should of seen his face you would of thought i had just asked him for the crown jewels.He said he would think about it thats all.It still goes on.

Did you tell them you still have the old part? I would be saying that you put it in the bin once you got home from them when they did the original job, by the sounds of things it was a good idea for you to take it with you.

I don't understand why they say it will fail if they do a re-test? surely that was the whole reason why you took the car there in the first place so that it would pass the mot, what were they charging you originally for then? to me that sounds like they don't or won't honor their work, but are happy to charge you for it.

I would try my local trading standards office if I was you, the worrying thing is that they want to put the old part back on your car, so what are they planning to do with the new part?(which is now second hand) that they originally fitted wrongly to your car, sell it again to someone as a new part? or are these items universal ie do they fit both sides.

Hello everyone and thankyou for all your advice and support.I got my car back today,wishbone done and they also done the MOT at their place.No explanation why they did the MOT after telling me they would fail it!!.I forgot to take the old wishbone back this morning so they never got the chance to swap them over<how forgetful of me>.The manager of the place hid in his office and wouldnt come out and speak to me over the free service i wanted,so it looks like im not getting anything for the loss of use for 5 days and all the inconveniance this has caused.They wont be getting my buisness again.I think i will try Chester next time,can anyone reccomend Chester.Thanks again KELL

I am glad to hear that your car has been sorted at no cost to yourself.

Personally I would write to Lexus GB detailing the poor customer service that you have received and tell them the facts.

Lexus sells cars because of "the Lexus experience" and should be made aware of any dealerships that do not match up to this standard.

Name and shame them.

:D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links