Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been sat in the office looking at the standard rear plate on my IS250 and thinking how horrible it looks having a standard oblong plate in a shaped recess and that a shaped plate would look nice (especially as my rear plate is looking a bit shabby).

A bit of research reveals an XF Jag plate would appear to fit quite well.

Anyone tried it? 

Link to XF rear plate dimensions: 

https://www.jepsonandco.com/product/20083610t/

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Not done anything about it as I've sorned the IS250 for now.

However, one of my neighbours has an occasional visitor who has an XF and I'm hoping I might catch him and ask if I can measure it.

Failing that when things improve I'll visit a Jag dealer and ask if I can measure one

I fitted a larger than standard rear plate on my RX.  Why not just measure the usable space you've got on the IS and order a set of plates off eBay to the size you want, that's what I did and got a burgundy frame to it to match the car.

DSC01141.JPG

14 hours ago, steveledzep said:

I fitted a larger than standard rear plate on my RX.  Why not just measure the usable space you've got on the IS and order a set of plates off eBay to the size you want, that's what I did and got a burgundy frame to it to match the car.

DSC01141.JPG

Because the rear plate recess on the IS is not a simple oblong but similar to a Rover 75 or XF Jag which narrow and are rounded toward the bottom and I would like a plate that fits the profile of the recess rather then just a larger plate.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:32 AM, steveledzep said:

DSC01141.JPG

Nice car!

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:34 PM, Tyre Tread said:

Not done anything about it as I've sorned the IS250 for now.

However, one of my neighbours has an occasional visitor who has an XF and I'm hoping I might catch him and ask if I can measure it.

Failing that when things improve I'll visit a Jag dealer and ask if I can measure one

Jaguar XF rear yellow plates are offered in several sizes - 520mm x 111mm (Standard Oblong Plate) or 527mm x 150mm high to fit the shape on the boot lid

Screenshot 2021-02-07 at 12.26.42.png