Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Last Saturday I purchased an Is300h. My previous car was a very much loved and cherished 20 year old celica who I was very sad to see go. But new baby was proving to be a pain in the bum to lug in and out of 3 door (didnt have that problem with my son 7 years ago).

So Lexus was the only way I wanted to go, been looking out for one and a 2013 luxury model came up at decent price with low miles. Enjoying the ride/ handling so far... driving an auto was a strange adjustment. But loving the solid drive so far.

 

Only annoying points I have so far... typical saloon and no rear wiper (why?!)

Would like a digital clock somewhere i can quickly glance at!

 

Anyway hiya, sure I will go back to lurking.

 

Vicky

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stuart Aspey said:

Welcome to the site and to the joys of the Is300h. I also have a '13 plate. A Premier. I ruined the rear seats by moving a metal filing cabinet... 

How on Earth did you manage to fit that in?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Lexus!

Talking of filing cabinets, I transported one of these from Runcorn to Dewsbury and it did the leather in my IS250 no favours at all:

HP DesignJet T530 36" A0 Large Format CAD Plotter | Neat, affordable, quiet  and reliable!

 

It's an HP Plotter and some of you might know how big they are and the kind of challenge it posed getting it in the car...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Knowlesy said:

Last Saturday I purchased an Is300h. My previous car was a very much loved and cherished 20 year old celica who I was very sad to see go. But new baby was proving to be a pain in the bum to lug in and out of 3 door (didnt have that problem with my son 7 years ago).

So Lexus was the only way I wanted to go, been looking out for one and a 2013 luxury model came up at decent price with low miles. Enjoying the ride/ handling so far... driving an auto was a strange adjustment. But loving the solid drive so far.

 

Only annoying points I have so far... typical saloon and no rear wiper (why?!)

Would like a digital clock somewhere i can quickly glance at!

 

Anyway hiya, sure I will go back to lurking.

 

Vicky

Welcome to the forum! I'm 3 weeks into my 300h ownership having enjoyed my is250 for the past 5 years.  Really enjoying learning a new driving style with regenerative braking and noticing the increase in mpg over the purely petrol V6.  Rear wipers aren't fitted to saloon cars for aerodynamic reasons, the gentler sloping back ensures the air flow over the roof will clear the rear screen but I know it's a pain until you get going.  I keep a squeegy in the boot. I hope you get a lot of fun and enjoyment out of yours. Post pics when you can.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 4:22 PM, Knowlesy said:

Only annoying points I have so far... typical saloon and no rear wiper (why?!)

Would like a digital clock somewhere i can quickly glance at!

Anyway hiya, sure I will go back to lurking.

Vicky

welcome to the forum Vicky

if the car was a hatchback there would be room to place a motor in the

panelling on the rear door , but since the IS300h is a saloon with a proper boot

and a fixed rear shelf its a lot harder to locate a rear wiper

 

if your desparate to have a digital clock buy a phone holder and use your phone clock

or get one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-RIDE-JUMBO-SELF-ADHESIVE-QUARTZ-CLOCK-WITH-DATE-FUNCTION-DASHBOARD-DIGITAL/263101573097?hash=item3d421367e9:g:Q1YAAOSwJrpZcx74

having the analogue style of clock in a car shows the car has some Class

you wont find one in a vauxhall for instance

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 200h said:

welcome to the forum Vicky

if the car was a hatchback there would be room to place a motor in the

panelling on the rear door , but since the IS300h is a saloon with a proper boot

and a fixed rear shelf its a lot harder to locate a rear wiper

 

if your desparate to have a digital clock buy a phone holder and use your phone clock

or get one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-RIDE-JUMBO-SELF-ADHESIVE-QUARTZ-CLOCK-WITH-DATE-FUNCTION-DASHBOARD-DIGITAL/263101573097?hash=item3d421367e9:g:Q1YAAOSwJrpZcx74

having the analogue style of clock in a car shows the car has some Class

you wont find one in a vauxhall for instance

Thanks I am loving him! I know the rear wiper is absent from most saloons. However coming from the celica which isn't too dissimilar shape from a saloon (if we are being honest). The urge to quickly blip on the rear wiper to see more clearly on the motorway is still there.

The interior is lovely, and I don't really like having my mobile anywhere in sight. Its just a shame there isn't a clock in the instrument panel, to I can flick my eyes quickly down. 

 

These are very very minor things. I'm so pleased that you can still get a good amount of random objects in the car. Again thus was something the Celica could handle really well. 

Just waiting for the logbook to arrive, then I can switch my private plates over and give Luthor a good clean... I will then attempt to upload some photos 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lexus weren't very good at digital clocks Vicky - check out the Gen 2 IS250's clock. I prefer the proper clock. As Mark says, analogue looks more "refined"
image.thumb.png.882d727a0408352e211490cf9b0e956e.png
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mincey said:

Lexus weren't very good at digital clocks Vicky - check out the Gen 2 IS250's clock. I prefer the proper clock. As Mark says, analogue looks more "refined"
image.thumb.png.882d727a0408352e211490cf9b0e956e.png
 

Blimey, your not wrong there! I was teaching my then 6 year old to read analogue clocks over lockdown...so this may be a good way of reinforcing what he has learnt 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, Mincey said:

Lexus weren't very good at digital clocks Vicky - check out the Gen 2 IS250's clock. I prefer the proper clock. As Mark says, analogue looks more "refined"
image.thumb.png.882d727a0408352e211490cf9b0e956e.png
 

In 5 years of owning my IS250 I never ever got used to the positioning of the clock, it's just not where you instinctively look.  Love the analogue one on the 300h though, has that Fabergé look about it.  Or maybe I watch too much Antiques Roadshow 🙂 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, Mincey said:

Lexus weren't very good at digital clocks Vicky - check out the Gen 2 IS250's clock. I prefer the proper clock. As Mark says, analogue looks more "refined"
image.thumb.png.882d727a0408352e211490cf9b0e956e.png
 

When I had my 2nd generation IS250 I was always distracted by that squiggly blue arrow pointing down to the digital clock.... 😉😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

When I had my 2nd generation IS250 I was always distracted by that squiggly blue arrow pointing down to the digital clock.... 😉😂

I could never get rid of the one in mine either. Tried everything under the sun but nothing would budge it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I could never get rid of the one in mine either. Tried everything under the sun but nothing would budge it.

😂👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership