Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gsf saver tyre

Hi people got locked out of my old account but back . Recently had puncture on motorway after 5hours eventually got car trailer back home,breakdown tried using Lex puncture kit but failed!!!!!. So has anyone ever bought a saver tyre for Gsf ??. Help appreciated many thanks. Shaf

5 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Hi people got locked out of my old account but back . Recently had puncture on motorway after 5hours eventually got car trailer back home,breakdown tried using Lex puncture kit but failed!!!!!. So has anyone ever bought a saver tyre for Gsf ??. Help appreciated many thanks. Shaf

I would also be interested in this. I had a puncture last week that was not repairable and my GSF had to be recovered back to the dealership. 

I have one for my Celsior, I think I have used it once in 17 years of ownership so the odds of needing one are low.

Add into the equation that changing a wheel road side these days is risky, I certainly wouldn’t consider doing it myself on any M or A class road.

They are basically a “get you somewhere safe” tyre, they are limited to 50 MPH although looking at them I wouldn’t risk more than 30 especially with 400 + BHP available and the condition of UK roads.

I have offered a spare one I have for free collection many times with no takers it is 17” rim but will need the tyre replacing due to aging. I may also have a spare jack and brace which are also required.

Forget it. A discussion happened about this some time ago. There is nothing available that will fit the GSF/RCF and Lexus will not offer a space saver. You could buy a spare wheel at £1400 odd and put a tyre on it.....  Some people have investigated using other manufacturers wheels and spacers/adaptors but this doesn't seem a good idea on a car of this power.

The other problem is that the spare wheel well in the GSF is full of  the TVD electronics so any spare/space saver will have to clutter up the boot.

This is one of the reasons  I got rid of my GSF. Those  low profile tyres are so vulnerable to road debris and potholes I was always worried about damaging them. At least my old ISF had a space saver.

12 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Would an ISF space saver not work? i see you are relatively local so can try mine to check fitment

The IS F space saver won't work as the GSF has 19" wheels against the 18s on the IS F and much bigger brakes which won't fit within the ISF wheel . Somebody on here was investigating an Audi wheel , I think, but spacers/adaptors would be required, which is proably not a good idea and an absolute no-no for insurance.

My mate had an alfa guillieta and the space saver would only fit the rear wheels because of the calipers. When he had a puncture on the front wheel he had to put the rear on the front and the spacesaver on the rear. Not sure if the rear wheel would fit on the front of a gsf? Might open some possibilities?

3 hours ago, 08ISF said:

Correction - ISF has 19" wheels but the GSF brakes are still too big to fit within the wheel.

i dont believe this to be true, the caliper is nearly identical and the disk is 8mm bigger (thats 4mm a side).

1 hour ago, XK140 said:

I spoke to them 3 days ago they said they would get clarification regarding Gsf,still waiting!!!

9 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

I spoke to them 3 days ago they said they would get clarification regarding Gsf,still waiting!!!

I would be very surprised if this fits. The advert says it’s an 18” wheel and there looks to be very little room between the front calliper and the OEM 19” wheel on the car.  They also mention that they can not guarantee the accuracy of their vehicle compatibility  statement, which is worrying. 

6 hours ago, F.A. said:

I would be very surprised if this fits. The advert says it’s an 18” wheel and there looks to be very little room between the front calliper and the OEM 19” wheel on the car.  They also mention that they can not guarantee the accuracy of their vehicle compatibility  statement, which is worrying. 

the ISF space saver is also a 18" but because they are steel rather than alloy there is loads of brake clearance

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 11:33 PM, Gsf grey solihull said:

If it fits the RC F then it will fit the GS F.

I wonder if it will only fit the rear, and if you get a puncture on the front you have to swap a rear with the front and then put the saver on the rear.

I think I’ll give it a miss and rely on roadside recovery.

That eBay item is overpriced and includes tools you don’t need since you have jack,wheelbrace,etc.already.

...and If the wheel in the picture is the one you get I don’t fancy trying to fit a four stud wheel on a five stud hub 😀

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

If it fits the RC F then it will fit the GS F.

I wonder if it will only fit the rear, and if you get a puncture on the front you have to swap a rear with the front and then put the saver on the rear.

Will the rear wheel fit on the front without catching the wheel arch on turning ? 

Couple of years ago I took a long hard look at this ........ and yes there was a space saver spare for the RcF and GsF....

But only for.......waiting for this for the Pacific Islands and Singapore

I happen to be in Singapore so went to the boutique Lexus dealer there and sure enough there was a space saver in the boot of both cars....I obtained the part numbers and so on and they were in stock in Singapore but only for sale there to residents thereof 🙄

And here it is and the tools and cover.....

Big Rat 🐀

9D14C689-12C1-4BAD-B005-21D44D9CD1F5.thumb.jpeg.207079111409245b964251a0a5754909.jpeg86B3EFCC-4693-4871-8E5C-0C582BD95AA0.thumb.jpeg.7e5ea300cc519a1b30e59be87c1b4de3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Couple of years ago I took a long hard look at this ........ and yes there was a space saver spare for the RcF and GsF....

But only for.......waiting for this for the Pacific Islands and Singapore

I happen to be in Singapore so went to the boutique Lexus dealer there and sure enough there was a space saver in the boot of both cars....I obtained the part numbers and so on and they were in stock in Singapore but only for sale there to residents thereof 🙄

And here it is and the tools and cover.....

Big Rat 🐀

9D14C689-12C1-4BAD-B005-21D44D9CD1F5.thumb.jpeg.207079111409245b964251a0a5754909.jpeg86B3EFCC-4693-4871-8E5C-0C582BD95AA0.thumb.jpeg.7e5ea300cc519a1b30e59be87c1b4de3.jpeg

I’m guessing those part numbers would not work at a UK dealership then?