Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The next few years promise some exciting new models which will challenge more premium brands. and or models.  Nissan tried to do this with their Infiniti arm but are apparently pulling out of the UK (if they have not yet stopped selling Infiniti models here).  However, Hyundai are planning an assault on the European market with their high end 'Genesis' arm and are said to be preparing cars specially suitable for the UK market.  There are two models that will compete with the RX and NX suv's, the GV80 and the GV70.  I have not been able to find the specs for the UK cars but I did read there is a hybrid so this might be included. The fist link is a recent early road test on the GV70 with flashes of the GV80 in Korea, which will doubtless be the versions for the USA and the second shows interior of the GV70..  How this works out will be interesting as Hyundai have come on enormously in recent years.

• Like 3

With Hyundai (and Kia) having acquired Audi’s head of design and BMW’s head of M it is to be expected that they’d be looking to roll out upmarket SUVs with some fizz. Hyundai’s N models also show performance promise whilst their electric and hybrid models appear to be doing well so they are definitely going places.

• Like 1