Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cabin air temperature sensor

Hello! I'm guessing this may have been covered before!

So, climate control is not heating cabin correctly, it's too cold. If I manually put the temp to 'HOT' it blows hot without drama. So I'm guessing faulty cabin temperature sensor.

I'll probably change the ambient temperature sensor too, should be cheap to do but does anyone have part number for the cabin one? I can find the ambient one (the one behind the front bumper that reads outside temp) but can't find a part number for the one behind the little grill in the lower drivers side dashboard?

Thanks

David

5 hours ago, plexus914 said:

Thanks, but I need one for my 1999 LS! 

Still not finding the elusive 'thermister'

Okay, so it looks like the part number is 88898-50010 and no longer available new, sadly. Even Rockauto doesn't have a match for that part

The ambient sensor that goes behind the bumper seems available though, if that's your bag.

Looks like I'll have to roll the dice on a breaker part

11 hours ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

Okay, so it looks like the part number is 88898-50010 and no longer available new, sadly. Even Rockauto doesn't have a match for that part

The ambient sensor that goes behind the bumper seems available though, if that's your bag.

Looks like I'll have to roll the dice on a breaker part

I think that part number refers to the smog sensor that sits on the front grill it shuts the vents from the outside of the car when there is heavy pollution in the air around the car .

• Like 1

These are the correct part numbers but sadly delisted. Before replacing (if still available) try cleaning out the vent/housing as fluff tends to accumulate in there blocking the thermistor sensor. Compressed out normally does the job around 30PSI.

B13A4503-8F1F-43B4-BA40-DDF0092DDA34.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Am I going mad here, I meant to write “compressed air” but see no edit button since the upgrade?

Click on the three little dots top right corner of your post

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

These are the correct part numbers but sadly delisted. Before replacing (if still available) try cleaning out the vent/housing as fluff tends to accumulate in there blocking the thermistor sensor. Compressed out normally does the job around 30PSI.

B13A4503-8F1F-43B4-BA40-DDF0092DDA34.png

Thanks Steve! I'll give that a whirl, I'm guessing 21 years of fluff will take it's toll! It's a shame to not see these parts available anymore but I'm guessing it's the reality of an older car. 

By firing compressed air through the little grill I'm not going to push it in further am I?? I'd probably want to take the lower dash off to get to it rather than risk breaking that little plastic grill! 

Part number for Room Temperature Sensor - INCAR:

88625-50120

room temp sensor.png

PS:

If you need the SOLAR sensor at a later time, you can get a cheaper one. That sensor was also produced for FIAT, Jaguar and Alfa Romeo - part number: 077450-0911 (look for it on ebay).

• Like 1