Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Confusing deminster buttons

Civicata

Hi everyone,

I've been unable to understand the different functions of these two buttons. Especially the one on the side board, as it seems doing nothing when on. The front windscreen remains minister even if this button is on for awhile.

Thanks

B9DAA99C-F291-45EE-BE02-DC924838B13F.jpeg

82341654-012C-4100-9569-8838FBA36A46.jpeg

I may be wrong but the first one looks like it will direct the HVAC to the windscreen (and normally puts the fan on full).

The second looks like there is a heated element in the screen to defrost the wipers.

Just now, Neo_gsf said:

I may be wrong but the first one looks like it will direct the HVAC to the windscreen (and normally puts the fan on full).

The second looks like there is a heated element in the screen to defrost the wipers.

You are 100% correct there @Neo_gsf

Thank you guys for your prompt response. The second one never worked so it might be a fuse issue, I need to check.

Anyway, It’s weird that the windshield dosent show any defrost grid even when I look too colse at it. Anyone with IS250 2009, can you please let us know?

Thank you all.

If that light on the button lights up then it maybe ok, the defrost will be for the wiper blades not the screen. If you look at the black area where the wipers are parked there should be some heated lines like on the rear screen, feel them and see if they are warm when its on.

Maybe you car has had a windscreen replacement in the past and for some reason it is not a heated one or incorrectly fitted.

The OEM glass is actually marked LEXUS (bottom right)

Note: As mentioned above only the Wiper park area is heated and not the whole screen like on Fords!

FYI Interestingly enough, Ford Motor Company was the first company to release this technology and subsequently, they created a patent on it named 'Quickclear'. This meant that other companies couldn't use the heated windscreen technology. More recently Ford has been leasing out the technology to other car companies and it can be seen on Volkswagen, Vauxhall and Range/Land Rovers. Some car manufacturers have created their own version of the heated windscreen technology using a different methodology

A7D05082-13BA-487A-A3A9-AA2F7AC28B4B.jpeg