Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Haunted sunroof

I know I should look at the manual - but a bit of a question and moral support...

Driving to move some stuff for my daughter ( in heavy rain ), the sunroof opened - randomly.

Ghost of Christmas past?

Fortunately she was able to be on roof-watch and close it. Then it opened again - about 8-10 times in total...

I am thinking water ingress?

But... I don't really use the sunroof. I was thinking, there must be a way of disabling it. Possibly a fuse? 48? Could I just take it out?

Car is almost 18 years now. Still love it...

2 hours ago, PCM said:

I know I should look at the manual - but a bit of a question and moral support...

Driving to move some stuff for my daughter ( in heavy rain ), the sunroof opened - randomly.

Ghost of Christmas past?

Fortunately she was able to be on roof-watch and close it. Then it opened again - about 8-10 times in total...

I am thinking water ingress?

But... I don't really use the sunroof. I was thinking, there must be a way of disabling it. Possibly a fuse? 48? Could I just take it out?

Car is almost 18 years now. Still love it...

Do your homework my friend...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/794168-this-is-really-weird-sunroof-opening-by-itself.html

Have a great Christmas  and New Year old pal.

Do not forget to update on your researches. 50/1 on says it`s mince pie droppings:):)

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Do your homework my friend...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/794168-this-is-really-weird-sunroof-opening-by-itself.html

Have a great Christmas  and New Year old pal.

Do not forget to update on your researches. 50/1 on says it`s mince pie droppings:):)

Indeed! Been doing quite a bit of digging - suspect a faulty or damaged sunroof switch?

No time to fix it, so my thinking is... take out the fuse 48?

LOVE mince pies ( M&S are the best. )

Happy Christmas.

• Like 1

Just a word of caution.  The seal round the 'moon roof' does not prevent the ingress of some water and dirt.  By not opening it at all, there  may come a time when the drains become blocked and the interior becomes wet or stained and the mechanism for opening and closing it fully or partially seizes.  It's an area that can escape notice until you are forced to take action, quite likely at a most inconvenient time.

• Like 1