Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Was reversing out of a parking spot last night on full left lock  when I heard a loud clunk.
It sounded like I had hit something. Got out nothing there?

Today reversing again on right lock it did it again. Pulled forward and repeated with no noise. Did that twice without any noise.

Reversing straight it does not do it.

Bad timing Xmas and all.

3 hours ago, Marleez said:

Moving out of place. Happened to me. Every time I reversed it was clunking. Because it was loose, moving around. So I replaced them. 

thanks will get it in when garages open.

Also could be sticking callipers (pins need greasing) ... the force of moving releasing the pads from the discs and when you have re-applied the brakes they stick on again. Might be an indication to get them cleaned and re-greased.

• 2 weeks later...

So finally got her in today and the mechanics could not fault anything. Checked callipers, steering rack, wishbones, everything. Only suggestion was hitting end stops so all greased up and time will tell?

Good news no costs involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markeyszoo said:

So finally got her in today and the mechanics could not fault anything. Checked callipers, steering rack, wishbones, everything. Only suggestion was hitting end stops so all greased up and time will tell?

Good news no costs involved.

What is hitting end stops?