Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F ownership length

After a run recently, even before fitting the H&S once it’s back in stock, I’ve decided I’m intending to keep my ISF at least 2 years, probably 3, maybe longer if it doesn’t go wrong much.  (If that starts to happen I tend to lose trust in a car and flog it) 

My wife wants more space so i might be tempted to get a gsf but there just aren’t any.

How long have people owned their ISFs, GSFs, RCFs?

I plan to keep my GSF until I know longer need the saloon shape. Which will be once my youngest is grown. 😅

The problem with wanting a GSF is the fact that there is only 50 odd about, so the colour, year, spec combo mentality has to be semi thrown out the window and you just need to be ready to buy one when it becomes available. And even that can be tough, there was a white GSF for sale by lexus Coventry back in October which 3 different forum members were chasing none of us got it. 

Just keep your pennies ready and search daily twice. You'll find one. 

• Like 2

We’ve had our GSF for 18 months. We tend to keep our cars for 8+ years as they are generally a Lexus or Toyota and nothing major really goes wrong with them. Having said that, I can’t see us selling the F until we have to go down the  electric route. 

• Like 3

I had my ISF for 2 1/2 years and it’s coming up to 2 years I’ve had the GSF.

For my daily, I normally have ichy feet at 12 months and at 18 months there’s something new on the drive.

The ISF only went as a GSF came up in the colour combo I wanted. I’ve been really happy with both cars.

Yes I’m always thinking of something to change to, both the kids drive, and flying the nest. We have another family car for the times they might come with us and for the durgs, so I don’t need a big saloon any more. But I’m struggling with what to get. I’ve got a 3.8 L chainsaw that you can scare the living daylights out of yourself if you’re in the mood, so don’t need the thrill. Not keen on any of the German wannabe leasetastic offerings - except the new RS6, or possibly a M2 CS. Both very different, but not sure I want to commit the (significantly more) cash at the moment. So for the time being the GSF is staying, unless something comes along that really turns my head.......

suggestions on a postcard to.....

• Like 4

I've had my RC F for 2y 4m, no plans to change in the foreseeable future. It's 4 1/2 yrs old but only has 23k on, and as I only do about 8k a year it will be a while before it's a high mile car. I plan to run it under the Lexus extended warranty programme.

Still enjoying the car each time I go out in it, and I view it as a lot of car for the money i.e. to get something appreciably better and / or newer would require a step up in value. 

• Like 3

Had my RC F for 20mths and spent a few £s on it and intend on spending more lol,

currently have 3 sets of alloys for it 3 bonnets (yes you heard right) 2 carbon and original 

2 exhaust systems 2 active spoilers 

complete set of discs and pads arriving shortly 

so ain’t getting rid of it any day soon

usually keep a car for 4-5yrs

but even to this day i smile and grin like a child when i look at car

and giggle like a school girl when i drive it

ask me this question in 10yrs time 

and you may get the same answer 👍🏻

• Like 3

Had my GSF for just shy of 3 years and I absolutely LOVE IT, I originally wanted an ISF but when I was finally at the stage to purchase one, I could afford a GSF which I did prefer. I have spent some of the queens pounds on a naughty boy exhaust and as Graham said above, whenever I get in and drive, I grin from ear to ear and don't really see that changing for the forseeable future.

I love that only enthusiasts know what it is, I love that it is rare in the UK and I love that I can trust it'll still be putting smiles on my face well into 100k miles and beyond.

Therefore, I plan to keep it until they petrol cars are completely illegal/ the car magically dies/ I die... 😂

I have the Mrs in an NX for dog and future children and I now have an LS400 to waft about in and currently looking at the GR Yaris for a 'run around' so I can keep miles off the F and use it for special occasions/ when I need some noise!

P.S I do still have a thought in the back of my head to buy another one, but a low mileage example and leave it completely OEM and use my current one as a sleeper project for added fun...🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

I've had my RCF a smidge over two years and up to a few weeks ago was my daily driver. However I've since bought a A Class for daily duties and RCF is now for weekends only. Mileage is now 2-3k pa instead of 9k pa over the last couple of years.

Using man maths and keeping the miles off the RCF, I will recupe most of the A Class cost back due to reduced depreciation upon sale and significant fuel savings.

Being honest I got use to the RCF and it no longer felt special due to it being my daily. However now being my weekend car, it feels great again and enjoy taking it out and will probably keep it for 5+ years. Not sure on my next car, I like the new Corvette, LC, AMG GT, R8 v10 or maybe something electric. First world problems in these crazy times.

This would be my next car if it was available in the UK:

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2020/11/16/lexus-lc-aviation-special-edition-sells-out-in-japan/

What a stunning LC500!

• Like 1

ISF: 4 years and 10 months

RCF: 5 years and 3 months. I plan to keep it for at least another 2 years as there is nothing else out there I would cgange it for

• Like 1

I’ve owned my ISF for coming up six years in May, the only car I thought about was the Quatroportte (probably spelt wrong)......love the look BUT not the reliably (what I’m told)......I’ve no intentions of changing as nothing else tiggles my fancy tbh, there were only 70 GSF’s sold in the U.K. so sourcing one would be harder, I’ve a daily C70 convertible, (which I absolutely love) the wife an Auris and the kids have Honda Civic type-r and daughter jazz, love the reliability of jap cars and would only buy the kids jap as their first cars.......honestly don’t know where to go from here as there really isn’t anything out there for now 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I’ve owned my ISF for coming up six years in May, the only car I thought about was the Quatroportte (probably spelt wrong)......love the look BUT not the reliably (what I’m told)......I’ve no intentions of changing as nothing else tiggles my fancy tbh, there were only 70 GSF’s sold in the U.K. so sourcing one would be harder, I’ve a daily C70 convertible, (which I absolutely love) the wife an Auris and the kids have Honda Civic type-r and daughter jazz, love the reliability of jap cars and would only buy the kids jap as their first cars.......honestly don’t know where to go from here as there really isn’t anything out there for now 🤷🏼‍♂️

If it is giving you want you want keep it. The longer you keep a car the less depreciation over time you suffer!

Save your pennies for a future exciting Lexus.

• Like 1

I've owned my ISF for a 1.5 years. I still have my first car as the daily driver. I haven't a clue what would replace my ISF. I would really like to do a kit car, that would be the main reason for me to part with it. Money no object, it would be nice to keep the ISF and swap some things in from the Lexus parts bin. Keeping with the Japanese philosophy of continual improvement.

• Like 2

We all need to keep these V8 cars as long as possible...there are not going to be made for much longer!!

The fear is of course that as we get near to 2030 those damned politicians are going to introduce an horrendously penal road tax and petrol tax regime.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, XK140 said:

We all need to keep these V8 cars as long as possible...there are not going to be made for much longer!!

The fear is of course that as we get near to 2030 those damned politicians are going to introduce an horrendously penal road tax and petrol tax regime.

That they will. The one thing putting me off on pulling the trigger on an ISF.

Gents, even after 2030 and the supposed stop of the combustible engine petrol will still be saleable, that won’t stop in our lifetime, as for VED that will probably stop at some point too, electric car are non taxable so the government will look to raise lost revenues on a millage system of some sort, something that we all will pay for on an individual usage......no way round that one......electric cars are not beneficial or a plus on an environmental front until 50k millage, most new cars are rented and not owned making it extremely non environmental purchase in the offset......I’ll be keeping my burial chariot for a lot longer yet. 😂🤣

• Like 4

Had mine a few months so far (ISF) it's my daily car although now working from home due to covid daily doesn't mean daily any more.

I usually want to change within the year of getting a daily and always tend to have something a little out of the ordinary and it usually starts with a 'would you considering selling...' then before I know it I'm in need of a car! No idea what I'd replace the ISF with though, I've hankered after one for years and a really good one popped up local. I really like it so far! 

Ive got my old modified 1973 BMW 2002tii to use during the summer when it takes my fancy so feel lucky to have a great pair (missus also has a Volvo V50 too!) 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 3:42 PM, Oldnslow said:

Had my RCF carbon for exactly 2 years. Sold it last month as I was not driving it. Replaced with an Alpine A110 S.

Love the A110. How you finding it?