Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone please help I'm totally stuck ,I have not driven my 56 plate is 220d for a week and now it is not responding to either of my fobs , I put a new Battery in my main fob but still no joy. I can open the door with the mechanical key but the alarm is activated , then I can hold the fob near the start button and start the car but the alarm continues. Obviously I can't drive it with the alarm blaring.

Has anyone any idea what's going on with it ? I would really appreciate any help.

2 minutes ago, Treebor60 said:

Can anyone please help I'm totally stuck ,I have not driven my 56 plate is 220d for a week and now it is not responding to either of my fobs , I put a new battery in my main fob but still no joy. I can open the door with the mechanical key but the alarm is activated , then I can hold the fob near the start button and start the car but the alarm continues. Obviously I can't drive it with the alarm blaring.

Has anyone any idea what's going on with it ? I would really appreciate any help.

What is the condition of your Battery?  A week is long enough to leave a car if the 12v Battery is weak. It can also affect the alarm.

2 hours ago, Treebor60 said:

I'm not sure how good the battery is but I assumed it would be ok as it is starting the car , but now you mention it for the last month or so I have thought it was struggling to start it. 

Do you think that could be the problem ?

I would nip into a place that sells batteries and tyres etc and ask them to do a quick Battery test.  Sometimes disconnecting the Battery earth for 10 mins can reset everything but if it's duff you'll need a new one asap.

43 minutes ago, Treebor60 said:

Looks like my battery has had it , when I install a new one I presume I will have the alarm blaring , will it stop once a new one is connected  ?

Thanks for all your replies 

Just have your key fob to hand and deactivate the alarm if necessary

There's some good advice on which Battery to fit if you search the forum. I suggest Yuasa

Thanks for the help but as in my original post it's not responding to the fobs and when I open the drivers door with the mechanical key the alarm goes off,  and I'll have to do thatvtonopen the bonnet