Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just joined too

Cushers

1 hour ago, Cushers said:

Morning All

Now a proud Owner of a 2014 ct for a week. Looking forward to learning from the collective 🤞🙏 and using the “how to” guides. 

Welcome Graeme.

Is it your first Lexus and what attracted you to the brand? What did you have before and any chance of a piccy or two in the warm sunshine of your beautiful Isle ?

Yes, first Lexus. The 10 yr old Ford Focus with 110k on the clock died and wanted something with good mpg, reliability and luxury that I’d never had before. Having got the focus repaired it now serves as rage dog and “tip” car

no sunny pics yet

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cushers said:

Yes, first Lexus. The 10 yr old Ford Focus with 110k on the clock died and wanted something with good mpg, reliability and luxury that I’d never had before. Having got the focus repaired it now serves as rage dog and “tip” car

no sunny pics yet

Many thanks Graeme.

I learned to drive in  a Ford Pop.3 Speed box on the floor and I think an 1100 cc engine and vacuum wipers.

In due course please tell us what you think of the CT.

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I learned to drive in  a Ford Pop.3 Speed box on the floor and I think an 1100 cc engine and vacuum wipers.

My Ford Thames 15 cwt had 3 speeds and vacuum wipers!

Those were  the days! No heater! How we live now!

10 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

My Ford Thames 15 cwt had 3 speeds and vacuum wipers!

Those were  the days! No heater! How we live now!

Or Electric windows,Power Steering,Radio,Hazard lights, Indicators,Reversing lamps,Fog Lights,Wing mirrors,Sat Nav,Telephone....oh!,I won`t sleep tonight!

19 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Ford Pop.3 Speed box on the floor and I think an 1100 cc engine and vacuum wipers.

The vacuum wipers were great!

If you accelerated when it was raining the wipers would slow down. If you accelerated hard the wipers would stop!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

The vacuum wipers were great!

If you accelerated when it was raining the wipers would slow down. If you accelerated hard the wipers would stop!

Yes, you could only go downhill if it was raining! That is if you wanted to see out of the windscreen!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Heater? What is that?

I remember travelling on 5th November in snow (1963?) with my father. We were off to buy a boar. No heater in the van, absolutely perished when I got home!

In 1963, I left School and did not know then that one could buy a Boar !