Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Booked the 2005 GS300 mk3 in for MOT today but have been driving with a blow exhaust since I bought the car in late May ( MOT extension till Dec 19th due to the 1st lockdown ). TPMS not working but that's not an issue... so was a bit apprehensive but Lexi passed with just an advisory on the blown exhaust! I am pleased, though I have had no problem with her since the alternator was replaced.  Have booked with Tony Banks for a new cat back stainless system on 4th Feb and will, hopefully, enjoy the 3.5hrs' drive from Sutton, London ( that's 7 hrs return trip ).

Will report back when the SS system is in place.

Happy days.

• Like 1

With a car this old one never knows what horrors lurk underneath, thought I have a fairly good idea having changed all 4 shocks and both the front fenders.

I did tidy up some of the suspension arms, brushing off the rust and giving them a lick of paint but wasn't too sure of the bushes/joints/brakes...the parking brake is near end of it's life so this will be next summer's job ( together with the backplates ).

And yes....a relief when given that ticket!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

just searched Tony Banks exhausts and noticed he's in West Yorkshire

if you kindly ask Dominic Cummings to take your car to Tony Banks

i'm sure you'll be able to have your exhaust fitted no questions asked,

if he wont take it i think you could possibly encounter issues with the

distance travelled .

Having used Tony Banks before I asked for a price for the 9-3 and it was very reasonable. I'm only an hour away from him but the logistics make the trip impossible for now. Previously you could just hang around in the McDonald's up the road but you can't even do that now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 200h said:

just searched Tony Banks exhausts and noticed he's in West Yorkshire

if you kindly ask Dominic Cummings to take your car to Tony Banks

i'm sure you'll be able to have your exhaust fitted no questions asked,

if he wont take it i think you could possibly encounter issues with the

distance travelled .

DC is nout of favour sodon't think he will get away this time...

I have a letter ffrom my AD that I am an essential worker but travelling out of borough?...that's a no no!

So just have to ring TB and reschedule and in the meantime drive around with my "sports" exhaust 😁

4 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Having used Tony Banks before I asked for a price for the 9-3 and it was very reasonable. I'm only an hour away from him but the logistics make the trip impossible for now. Previously you could just hang around in the McDonald's up the road but you can't even do that now.

Exactly!

So I just have to drive around in my "sports" exhaust!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links