Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diagnostic Charge

Rooose

Hi All, my 2012 CT which I purchased from a main dealer in July has a bit of a problem. I have a wet a pillar and drivers carpet. I suspect it is sunroof related but don't really know, have checked the drains which all seem OK and all other seals.

Anyway, reason for my post is I thought it would be a simple process to get this sorted under warranty, however, the supplying dealer tells me there is a £85 diagnosis charge to pay when I take it in.

Is this normal practice for Lexus dealers? While I expressed my surprise to them, I didn't argue as I need it fixing.

To be honest, I have no intention of paying it, particularly as its less than 6 months since purchasing the car but wondered if anyone else has similar experiences?

Hatfield Lexus charged me a charge once.

They could not fix the problem, so charged me nothing.

Very decent of them for an hour of labour!

• Like 1

If you have an approved used Lexus with “Select” warranty you should be fine.

The exceptions are listed below and the full terms and conditions on the link, it doesn’t mention water leaks as not being covered.

https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexgbenv11/select_terms_and_conditions_2020_tcm-3157-1893670.pdf

Also noticed that Lexus Parts Direct appear to be offering a BOGOF on extended warranties ( purchase one year’s cover and get 2 years).

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/extended-warranty/lexus-extended-warranty/

A7592E5E-1CC3-4344-AFF9-6AB27A2CC7DD.png

• Like 2

Thanks all - I am 5 months into a 1 year Select Used Car Warranty (which I hope covers this fault) and I purchased the 2-4-1 warranty to kick in at the expiration of the select warranty. 

It was only that I was surprised at the request for a diagnostic charge payment - I have never had this with my many German marques in the past but I am new to Lexus so wanted to see if it was common.

Let's hope the warranty does what it was intended to!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rooose said:

Thanks all - I am 5 months into a 1 year Select Used Car Warranty (which I hope covers this fault) and I purchased the 2-4-1 warranty to kick in at the expiration of the select warranty. 

It was only that I was surprised at the request for a diagnostic charge payment - I have never had this with my many German marques in the past but I am new to Lexus so wanted to see if it was common.

Let's hope the warranty does what it was intended to!

Do let us all know how you get on Gavin.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Joined the party a bit late on this one, on two occasions I've booked my ct in for faults both times i was told a diagnostic fee would be payable, the first was for a leaking fuel tank which should was an outstanding recall (purchased AUC dealer didnt pick it up - go figure), second windscreen auto sensing wipers weren't working - turns out the jelly pad was missing and the warranty doesn't cover faults were the part is missing only faulty parts.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:06 PM, Rakip123 said:

... turns out the jelly pad was missing...

I have had windscreens replaced in a couple of previous cars - both times I had issues with the Auto Sensing Wipers afterwards - first the fitter had broken a clip and so it didn't hold the "jelly pad" tightly to the screen, and second the fitter didn't use a new "jelly pad" rather reused the previous one (that had his dirty finger marks and general dirt on it) so didn't make a clean seal on the screen.  
Sounds like your car has had a new screen in the past and an equally incompetent fitter 😞