Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot plastic cover or hook

Dear All

I own a Lexus IS250, my Battery charging wire got in the way and broke the Plastic hook for the boot. Unable to close boot at present as electronics drains Battery. The Lady Needs help to move around Covid restrictions. Based in south London. Contact 07711543433. The Pictures show are the plastics that bounces the wires the third picture is a sample  for eBay Australia is the position in the boot which this plastic slots. 

LQk8lt9ZS0e04CLYDaNwPg.jpg

BDF6wRcmSKGnFj7Zot7O3Q.jpg

Photos.app.zip

Photos.app.zip

1430819727_v1kCxBSxo6oTIR2vPQ.jpg

Edited by Elaine Hope
Needed to add more pictures to illustrate

I'm a bit confused. So the plastic piece is broken and the boot won't lock? Why am I confused? Because I noticed mine has broke in two. Left hand side still goes down when pushed but the boot locks. Surely there must be another reason why your boot won't lock. 

Oh and as for those photos app zips. I clicked on the first one and all hell broke loose. Over 2000 items downloaded in a couple of seconds. What gives?

43 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I'm a bit confused. So the plastic piece is broken and the boot won't lock? Why am I confused? Because I noticed mine has broke in two. Left hand side still goes down when pushed but the boot locks. Surely there must be another reason why your boot won't lock. 

Oh and as for those photos app zips. I clicked on the first one and all hell broke loose. Over 2000 items downloaded in a couple of seconds. What gives?

Yes I agree, I always assumed that piece of plastic was just cosmetic to hide the boot latch. 
The boot on our IS250 failed to close shortly after it was repaired after being rear ended. It required a whole new locking mechanism, which was sourced and fitted  by Lexus Bristol with in 24hrs.

I think the OPs problem it’s most likely something to do with the locking mechanism in the boot lid than that piece of plastic.