Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Side running board installation

Maybe not quite what you wanted, the attached is a paper copy.

I have the running boards fitted to my NX with mixed views. Yes they do look great but, yeah theres always a but?

They seem to collect all the muck from the road, liitle stones, so they need cleaning often, if you don't when you get out the car you can get the back of your jeans/trousers dirty.

While I'm talking on cleaning them, What does everyone else use as a cleaning product to bring them back to looking new?

NX200T_RunningBoardSteps_PZQ4442100.zip

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, as13 said:

Maybe not quite what you wanted, the attached is a paper copy.

I have the running boards fitted to my NX with mixed views. Yes they do look great but, yeah theres always a but?

They seem to collect all the muck from the road, liitle stones, so they need cleaning often, if you don't when you get out the car you can get the back of your jeans/trousers dirty.

While I'm talking on cleaning them, What does everyone else use as a cleaning product to bring them back to looking new?

NX200T_RunningBoardSteps_PZQ4442100.zip 2.68 MB · 0 downloads

^^ @as13I also have them on my NX. Major positive for somebody of limited height (as I am!) is being able to clean the roof without using step ladders! My previous NX didn’t have them fitted, and the difference is marked - with them, there is far less splatter up the sides of the car, and no stone chips on the doors. My previous NX had three or four big ones within the first six months.

In terms of cleaning, I simply snow foam thoroughly whenever I wash the vehicle paying particular attention to the underside. I live in very rural Wiltshire, and there is a LOT of mud (less just go with ‘mud’) that collects underneath. However, it drops off easily enough with snow foam and a pressure washer. To keep them looking new I just wipe over with a quick detailer and after almost three years they still look like new.

I'm not keen on the running boards, so, If I buy a Used NX and it has the running boards, can they be removed without any sign that they were previously fitted? (Probably get the dealer to remove them prior to collecting the car and maybe sell them on eBay?)

1 hour ago, JeffL said:

I'm not keen on the running boards, so, If I buy a Used NX and it has the running boards, can they be removed without any sign that they were previously fitted? (Probably get the dealer to remove them prior to collecting the car and maybe sell them on eBay?)

^^ Yes, believe that must be the case. They were fitted to my first NX and swapped to my second one by the dealer so my assumption is they don’t leave any obvious signs. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...